- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
‘Jaat hi pucho sadhu ki’ staged at Bharat Bhavan
A Hindi play ‘Jaat hi pucho sadhu ki’ mesmerised the audience here on Monday at Antrang Auditorium, Bharat Bhavan. A series of theatre plays is being organised at Bharat Bhavan under Rangmandal series of theatrical events.
Directed by Rajindra Nath and written by Vijay Tendulkar, the play was presented by National School of Drama Repertory Theatre Company, New Delhi.
The 110 minutes long play showcases the broken dreams and desires of a young educated person ‘Mahipat’ who belongs to a lower caste. The loopholes in the system where an individual losses his right to speech and live the life he deserves, are depicted through this play.
The play opens with a long narration by Mahipat, who gives a hilarious biographical sketch of his life. His only aim is to become an MA and after that has no regrets in life even if he is counted in a low caste. He come across countless rejections, spends some time classifying the rejection slips, indulges in an analysis spree and ultimately starts his study of Nepotism, which he believe is the best weapon available today.
He becomes a lecturer with Swargia Matajee Gaya Bai Sootram Kala Vigyan Nahavidhyalay without any influence simply because he is the only candidate and the institution is located in a remote area. He encounters with many incidents and also falls in love with the niece of the chairman of the college Nalini. His relationship with a girl of high caste was opposed by not only the staff but also the college students. By the end of the play he is back in his old position, that of an educated unemployed young man.
The audience enjoyed the play and was spell-bounded with the performance of the artists. The backdrop of the play was presented very intelligently and added more zeal in the presentation. Further, the lighting at stage was kept very simple which in turn created the essence of the scenes.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM forms Committee for Angadwadi workers 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rahul Gandhi to begin second leg of Kisan Yatra from sitapur 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Thakur asks Naiik not to reinstate Prajapati 25 Sep 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- MSY’s azamgarh rally cancelled 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Agitating schoolteachers threaten to boycott polls 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Pre-poll violence occurs at Utkal and Ramadevi 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- K’mal rape accused gets 20 yrs in jail 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mom’s FIR: Gajapati drunkard youth held 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Water tank collapses; K’mal woman, daughter killed 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Brahmapur gold depositors seek justice 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Political movements and Islamist identity of states like Iran or Pakistan or the Wahhabism of Saudi Arabia is the underbelly inspiring militant movements like IS.
The 1960 Indus Waters Treaty between India and Pakistan has survived two wars, and remains in force today.
We've already played without Lionel Messi. But for me as coach and for the team, it's a challenge if we have to play without him.