- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
‘Jaat hi pucho sadhu ki’ staged at Bharat Bhavan
A Hindi play ‘Jaat hi pucho sadhu ki’ mesmerised the audience here on Monday at Antrang Auditorium, Bharat Bhavan. A series of theatre plays is being organised at Bharat Bhavan under Rangmandal series of theatrical events.
Directed by Rajindra Nath and written by Vijay Tendulkar, the play was presented by National School of Drama Repertory Theatre Company, New Delhi.
The 110 minutes long play showcases the broken dreams and desires of a young educated person ‘Mahipat’ who belongs to a lower caste. The loopholes in the system where an individual losses his right to speech and live the life he deserves, are depicted through this play.
The play opens with a long narration by Mahipat, who gives a hilarious biographical sketch of his life. His only aim is to become an MA and after that has no regrets in life even if he is counted in a low caste. He come across countless rejections, spends some time classifying the rejection slips, indulges in an analysis spree and ultimately starts his study of Nepotism, which he believe is the best weapon available today.
He becomes a lecturer with Swargia Matajee Gaya Bai Sootram Kala Vigyan Nahavidhyalay without any influence simply because he is the only candidate and the institution is located in a remote area. He encounters with many incidents and also falls in love with the niece of the chairman of the college Nalini. His relationship with a girl of high caste was opposed by not only the staff but also the college students. By the end of the play he is back in his old position, that of an educated unemployed young man.
The audience enjoyed the play and was spell-bounded with the performance of the artists. The backdrop of the play was presented very intelligently and added more zeal in the presentation. Further, the lighting at stage was kept very simple which in turn created the essence of the scenes.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- UP cong to gherao RBI office in Kanpur today 18 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP DGP to hold security meet ahead of R-Day celebrations 18 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP will go for pre-poll alliance with cong: Akhilesh 18 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP Poll process commences as EC issues notification for first phase 18 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP workers protest over ticket distribution criteria 18 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ‘IT collections in MP & CG showing phenomenal growth’ 18 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM inaugurates SDRF Training Centre 18 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘1651 cases of power theft registered in State’ 18 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Five Maoists held in Kondagaon district 18 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- IT raids at prominent steel trading co. offices 18 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
The US must expand cooperation further in dealing with terror. US-India partnership stands as a global example of what is possible.
It was inappropriate for a President-elect to be stepping in to the politics of other countries in a direct manner.
Those who shout azadi from the roof tops don't give an iota of azadi to others. Poor Zaira Waseem had to apologies for her success.