- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
‘Jaat hi pucho sadhu ki’ staged at Bharat Bhavan
A Hindi play ‘Jaat hi pucho sadhu ki’ mesmerised the audience here on Monday at Antrang Auditorium, Bharat Bhavan. A series of theatre plays is being organised at Bharat Bhavan under Rangmandal series of theatrical events.
Directed by Rajindra Nath and written by Vijay Tendulkar, the play was presented by National School of Drama Repertory Theatre Company, New Delhi.
The 110 minutes long play showcases the broken dreams and desires of a young educated person ‘Mahipat’ who belongs to a lower caste. The loopholes in the system where an individual losses his right to speech and live the life he deserves, are depicted through this play.
The play opens with a long narration by Mahipat, who gives a hilarious biographical sketch of his life. His only aim is to become an MA and after that has no regrets in life even if he is counted in a low caste. He come across countless rejections, spends some time classifying the rejection slips, indulges in an analysis spree and ultimately starts his study of Nepotism, which he believe is the best weapon available today.
He becomes a lecturer with Swargia Matajee Gaya Bai Sootram Kala Vigyan Nahavidhyalay without any influence simply because he is the only candidate and the institution is located in a remote area. He encounters with many incidents and also falls in love with the niece of the chairman of the college Nalini. His relationship with a girl of high caste was opposed by not only the staff but also the college students. By the end of the play he is back in his old position, that of an educated unemployed young man.
The audience enjoyed the play and was spell-bounded with the performance of the artists. The backdrop of the play was presented very intelligently and added more zeal in the presentation. Further, the lighting at stage was kept very simple which in turn created the essence of the scenes.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Anganwadi workers hit streets for job regularisation in city 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CB takes Rehman on 15-day remand 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Jai Jagannath, CM joins Facebook 05 May 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- Investors lodge plaint against Cuttack chit firm 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- SDGs: Chief Secy asks Depts to stick to norms 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Excise case conviction very low: Excise Min 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Naveen involved in chit fund scam: PCC chief 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- EIC suspended on graft charge 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rs6,000 crore loans set for this Kharif 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Govt has no info about potato stock 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
I never thought I would be in this position (winning Premier League). It's an achievement that might not be achieved again.
Sarbjit is one of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's best performances. She is a huge star, but very nice and humble.
I am honoured to be the presumptive nominee for the Republican Party. I's time to unite and defeat Hillary Clinton.