- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
‘Jaat hi pucho sadhu ki’ staged at Bharat Bhavan
A Hindi play ‘Jaat hi pucho sadhu ki’ mesmerised the audience here on Monday at Antrang Auditorium, Bharat Bhavan. A series of theatre plays is being organised at Bharat Bhavan under Rangmandal series of theatrical events.
Directed by Rajindra Nath and written by Vijay Tendulkar, the play was presented by National School of Drama Repertory Theatre Company, New Delhi.
The 110 minutes long play showcases the broken dreams and desires of a young educated person ‘Mahipat’ who belongs to a lower caste. The loopholes in the system where an individual losses his right to speech and live the life he deserves, are depicted through this play.
The play opens with a long narration by Mahipat, who gives a hilarious biographical sketch of his life. His only aim is to become an MA and after that has no regrets in life even if he is counted in a low caste. He come across countless rejections, spends some time classifying the rejection slips, indulges in an analysis spree and ultimately starts his study of Nepotism, which he believe is the best weapon available today.
He becomes a lecturer with Swargia Matajee Gaya Bai Sootram Kala Vigyan Nahavidhyalay without any influence simply because he is the only candidate and the institution is located in a remote area. He encounters with many incidents and also falls in love with the niece of the chairman of the college Nalini. His relationship with a girl of high caste was opposed by not only the staff but also the college students. By the end of the play he is back in his old position, that of an educated unemployed young man.
The audience enjoyed the play and was spell-bounded with the performance of the artists. The backdrop of the play was presented very intelligently and added more zeal in the presentation. Further, the lighting at stage was kept very simple which in turn created the essence of the scenes.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- BJP demonstrate against BSP leaders 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Everyone is equal before law and eligible to get justice: CM 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM Attacks Modi 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP to felicitate state’s outstanding achievers 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP to take out Tiranga Yatra 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Severe flood situation in state 24 Jul 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- BJD announces stir over Mahanadi C’garh dam 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- City Raahgiri takes monsoon break 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Crime track system in PSs by March 24 Jul 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- Land given for 2nd Kendriya Vidyalaya in Baleswar district 24 Jul 2016 | Ubachak Mohanty | in Bhubaneswar
My dear youths, nepotism and the poison of casteism will not help in development. Support politics of vikasvad (development).
Peace TV was refused (broadcast rights) for security reasons. There are many Hindu and Christian channels in India, but no Islamic channel.
I had never ever desired or thought that I would get to sing the national anthem. I feel blessed and honored. I was very nervous.