‘Jaat hi pucho sadhu ki’ staged at Bharat Bhavan
A Hindi play ‘Jaat hi pucho sadhu ki’ mesmerised the audience here on Monday at Antrang Auditorium, Bharat Bhavan. A series of theatre plays is being organised at Bharat Bhavan under Rangmandal series of theatrical events.
Directed by Rajindra Nath and written by Vijay Tendulkar, the play was presented by National School of Drama Repertory Theatre Company, New Delhi.
The 110 minutes long play showcases the broken dreams and desires of a young educated person ‘Mahipat’ who belongs to a lower caste. The loopholes in the system where an individual losses his right to speech and live the life he deserves, are depicted through this play.
The play opens with a long narration by Mahipat, who gives a hilarious biographical sketch of his life. His only aim is to become an MA and after that has no regrets in life even if he is counted in a low caste. He come across countless rejections, spends some time classifying the rejection slips, indulges in an analysis spree and ultimately starts his study of Nepotism, which he believe is the best weapon available today.
He becomes a lecturer with Swargia Matajee Gaya Bai Sootram Kala Vigyan Nahavidhyalay without any influence simply because he is the only candidate and the institution is located in a remote area. He encounters with many incidents and also falls in love with the niece of the chairman of the college Nalini. His relationship with a girl of high caste was opposed by not only the staff but also the college students. By the end of the play he is back in his old position, that of an educated unemployed young man.
The audience enjoyed the play and was spell-bounded with the performance of the artists. The backdrop of the play was presented very intelligently and added more zeal in the presentation. Further, the lighting at stage was kept very simple which in turn created the essence of the scenes.
- CMDC’s Aridongri iron ore output for local units first 26 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Two arrested in gangrape case 26 May 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Discussion on ‘Tabacco - A threat to development’ at CCL 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tungsten Extraction Pilot Plant inaugurated at NML 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu MP meets victims' family 26 May 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Kendu leaves plucking and transportation keeps SP Latehar & PTR on live wire 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Teenager drowns in Beldih lake, another rescued 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Minority Commission sees conspiracy to defame CM 26 May 2017 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Amazon to make global imprint of tassar 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Farmers’ dues to be paid before monsoon 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi