Jhanvi Shrivastava to represent Team India
Jhanvi Shrivastava, player of Madhya Pradesh State Water Sports Academy, will represent Team India at the Canoe Slalom World Championship. The championship will be played at France from September 23 till October 1.
On Tuesday, Jhanvi left for New Delhi from where she will fly with the Team India to France on September 22. It is a proud moment for her as well as her coach. Jhanvi studies in Class 11 at Delhi Public School, Bhopal.
It is to be noted that Jhanvi was selected through Talent Identification Programme held by International Canoe Federation. At the Talent Identification Programme players from atleast 14 countries participated. The players under 18 years of age were a part of the talent identification programme in which Jhanvi gave a tough fight to her competitors and grabbed the opportunity for the World Cup series.
After the selection process, the International Canoe Federation organises a camp wherein all the players are trained for the world cup. The camp is also organised at France which will continue till September 22.
Canoe slalom is a competitive sport with the aim to navigate a decked canoe or kayak through a course of hanging downstream or upstream gates on river rapids in the fastest time possible. Slalom racing started in Europe and in the 1940s, the International Canoe Federation (ICF) was formed to govern the sport. From 1949 to 1977, all World Championships were held in Europe. It has been a regular Olympic sport since 1992.
Meanwhile, the players of Madhya Pradesh State Shooting Academy have returned to city after receiving a professional training of shooting. The training camp was organised at Italy from August 19 to 30.
Here on Tuesday, the players met Minister of Sports and Youth Welfare Yashodhara Raje Scindia. While interacting with the players, Scindia asked them about their experience at the training camp and what all they have learnt. Players including Sanju Singh, Gubbu Mehra, Pragati Dubey and Pooja Vishwakarma were a part of the championship.
- Sexual assault of 16-yr-old girl: Police nab miscreant 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- JNAU signs pact with Chiba University of Japan 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Advancing development of library practitioners 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Medical workshop to be organised today at AIIMS 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- In brief 25 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Dengue deaths rising: Civic body blamed for poor sanitation 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Work will be given to SHGs 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Famous artist from Gujarat displays art at Bharat Bhavan 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Valuables worth Rs 1.5 lakh burgled from Ratan Colony 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Play staged at State Tribal Museum 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal