Kalukheda cremated with full State honours
The mortal remains of Congress MLA Mahendra Singh Kalukheda, who passed away two days back, were on Wednesday consigned to flames with State honours at his ancestral village Kalukheda in the Ratlam district.
After a guard of honour was given to the departed leader, his daughters Garima Singh and Kanak Kunwar lit the funeral pyre amid chanting of hymns.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, former state Chief Minister Digvijay Singh, Congress Chief Whip in Lok Sabha Jyotiraditya Scindia and Leader of the Opposition in the State Assembly Ajay Singh, among others paid their last respects to Kalukheda.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan reached Kalukheda village in Ratlam district where he paid floral tributes to MLA Late Mahendra Singh Kalukheda. Chouhan reached Kalukheda by helicopter at 10 am. He reached Kalukheda Gadhi where he laid a wreath and paid homage to the departed soul and consoled the family members. He also accompanied the funeral procession.
Prominent among those who were present there included MLA Mandsaur Yashpal Singh Sisodia, MLA Ratlam Chaitanya Kashyap, Jaora MLA Rajendra Pande, Karera MLA Shakuntala Khatik, Dabra MLA Imarti Devi, former MLA Rajendra Bharti, Tulsi Silawat, Vijendra Singh Malaheda, Ratlam Mayor Sunita Yarde, former MP Arun Yadav, public representatives from various districts of the state, elite citizens and large number of local residents. Ujjain Divisional Commissioner MB Ojha, ADGP V Madhukumar, Collector Ratlam Tanvi Sundriyal, Superintendent of Police and other officers were also present.
Kalukheda, a former Madhya Pradesh Minister had died at a hospital in Gurgaon on September 11 while undergoing treatment for a heart problem.
A six-time MLA, he was elected to the assembly in 2013 from Mungavali seat, which is a part of the Guna Lok Sabha constituency represented by Jyotiraditya, the Congress chief whip in the Lower House of Parliament.
He was also elected to the Lok Sabha from Guna in 1984.
The veteran legislator had served as a Cabinet minister in former Chief Minister Digvijay Singh's Government.
- Sexual assault of 16-yr-old girl: Police nab miscreant 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- JNAU signs pact with Chiba University of Japan 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Advancing development of library practitioners 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Medical workshop to be organised today at AIIMS 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- In brief 25 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Dengue deaths rising: Civic body blamed for poor sanitation 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Work will be given to SHGs 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Famous artist from Gujarat displays art at Bharat Bhavan 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Valuables worth Rs 1.5 lakh burgled from Ratan Colony 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Play staged at State Tribal Museum 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal