- PM hails soldiers who participated in 1971 Indo-Pak war
- Politics being used to crush people; Congress will defeat politics of hate: Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul will lead the party with courage, dedication: Sonia
- Body of JeM terrorist found from Pulwama dist in JK: Police
- Mizoram becomes third power-surplus state in NE: PM Modi
- Coalscam: Ex-Jharkhand CM Koda, former coal secy get 3 yr jail
- Rahul Gandhi takes charge as Congress president
Man duped by property dealer
A 32-year-old man was duped by a property developer by selling a 950 sq ft plot in place of 1200 sq ft plot at Bagh Sewania area.
The victim Ankit Neekhra was duped by the accused Rakesh Patel who is a property dealer and developer.
The victim is a trader and last year in the month of June bought a land in Bagh Sewania area from the accused. The land was purchased by the victim at Rs 32 lakh and it was decided that the payment would be made in two parts.
The area of the land which was purchased was 1200 sq ft and after the purchase when the victim checked the area of land was found to be 950 sq ft and the victim refused for making the complete payment and demanded return from the accused. The accused refused to refund the money and lodged a complaint with the Bagh Sewania police.
The police have registered a case under section 420 of the IPC and have started further investigation.
Meanwhile, a 19-year-old youth was nabbed by Shahjehanabad police and recovered stolen valuables worth Rs 5000 from his possession.
Acting on a tip off a youth was nabbed during vehicle checking drive in the night on Wednesday and when the youth was questioned he confessed one burglary.
The accused was identified as Deepak Bansal alias Bachcha of Mother India colony. The police have recovered Rs 50K of valuables from his possession and further investigation is on.
- Arrangements complete for counting for Himachal Assembly elections 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab failed to spend Rs 115 cr meant for SC students: BJP 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal reels under severe cold conditions 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab Municipal polls to be held today 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ownership, belongingness of citizens needed: Haryana CM 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cold conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Rise above caste, religion: CM 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hry Govt to function from hills for 3 days 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hry Govt directs all depts to identify posts for disabled persons 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cong Govt betrays industrialists by sending enhanced power bills: Sukhbir 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh