Mass Suryanamaskar organised across State
To mark the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, mass Surya Namaskar was organized in the entire State on Friday. School children, elite citizens and people belonging to all communities took part enthusiastically in the mass Surya Namaskar programme in all the districts.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan took part in the main programme organised at Lal Parade Ground in Bhopal. This is the 11th mass Surya Namaskar programme.
Notably, Swami Vivekananda’s birth anniversary is observed as Yuva Diwas in the State. On this day, educational and cultural programmes are organised in all educational institutes based on Swamiji’s personality and his Vedant darshan.
The Chief Minister said that Swami Vivekananda’s birthday is being celebrated as Yuva Diwas all over the state. He said that Swami Vivekananda’s literature gives the energy and inspiration to do positive work. Referring to his thoughts Chouhan said that Swamiji’s thoughts are great and unique source of inspiration.
Chouhan further said that a healthy mind dwells in a healthy body. It is essential to be healthy to do good work in society. He said that seers have entrusted Surya Namaskar which is the easiest Yoga exercise with their knowledge accumulated since so many years. He called upon the students to perform Surya Namaskar daily and not restrict it to one day as this develops positive energy. He said that all countries round the globe have accepted the power and importance of yoga. On the initiative of Prime Minister Narendra Modi World Yoga Day is observed all over the world on June 21. Last year 172 countries resolved to practice yoga on World Yoga Day.
The CM told the students that the 10th, 11th and 12th examinations were about to begin so they should study hard and with good marks they can get admission in national educational institutions. Government will bear the expenses of their higher education. He called upon students to practice yoga, study well, remain healthy and respect elders, parents and teachers. Sharing methods to remain healthy as per Yogic Science he said that it is essential to consume food only as per one’s need. One should consume lesser food compared to one’s hunger and should include seasonal vegetables and fruits in one’s diet. Stay away from pizza and burgers.
The Chief Minister offered flowers on the portraits of Devi Saraswati and Swami Vivekananda. Minister of State for School Education Deepak Joshi, MP Alok Sanjar, Mayor Alok Sharma, MLA Surendra Nathj Singh and elite citizens took part in the mass Surya Namaskar.
- Suicide: Ajay charge against CM 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Raman visits Naxal-hit Narayanpur to spur growth 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police book 2 for ATM fraud at Bank of Baroda 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Women pay tribute to saree! 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tarbha locals get PMAY work orders 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Primary teachers to gherao Assembly on Mar 22 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Odisha‚Äôs Jyotiranjan all-India topper 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Subarnapur officials alerted over heat wave 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Retired employees hold annual meet 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Aid up to Rs 1L cr to IITs, NITs: Union Min 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar