Min flags off Ekatm Yatra
Revenue, Science and Technology Minister Umashankar Gupta flagged off the Ekatm Yatra after performing dhwaj puja and worshipping Adi Shankaracharya’s charan-paduka at Banganga on Saturday.
The yatra that started from Pachmatha Rewa on December 19 reached Bhopal. Gupta carried the charan-paduka of Shankaracharya on his head and participated in the yatra. The yatra was welcomed at several places by citizens with flower showers. Shri Rameshwar Sharma walked with the flag in the yatra.
A Jan-samvad was held at Ambedkar Jayanti Park situated in Panchsheel Nagar when the Ekatm Yatra reached there. Kalash Yatras from many wards joined the jan-samvad.
The Min said during the Jan samvad that the country’s welfare lies in abiding by the religious beliefs.
He said that in ancient times, the raja would be punished by only dharma-dand. Gupta said that Adi Shankaracharya established maths in the four corners of the country for the unity and integrity of the country. He said that they should take a lesson from Adi Shakaracharya’s teachings.
Gau-Samvardhan Board Chairman and Mahamandleshwar Akhileshwaranand Giri Maharaj said that out spiritual tradition makes India a Vishwa Guru. He said that Shankaracharya gave Adwait Darshan to the entire world. Adi Shankaracharya got the title of Guru in Omkareshwar hence the decision to establish his huge statue here was taken. Ekatma Yatra will pass through 22,000 gram panchayats and 52,000 villages. Mahant Chandramadas Maharaj also put forward his views.
Minerals Corporation Chairman Shiv Choubey gave information of the Yatra’s objectives. Earlier Paduka, Dhwaj and Kanya pujan was performed and people were administered the oath for ekatmata.
Among those present in the Jan-samvad were Swami Srinivas and other seers from Bengaluru, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Cooperatives Vishwas Sarang, Mayor Alok Sharma, MP Alok Sanjar, MLA Surendranath Singh, former Mayor Krishna Gaur, Nagar Nigam Chairman Surjit Singh Chouhan and citizens.
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 3 killed, 2 injured in road mishap 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 900 villages get wi-fi: IT Dept 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 arrested in gangrape case 23 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Woman who accused cop of destroying her married life commits suicide 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Need to continuously adapt to evolving technology: Aman 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Veteran leader Bagun Sumbrui passes away 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM for easy loans to marginalised sections 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi