- Woman teacher arrested for sexually exploiting boy
- India, Bangladesh bonded by cooperation and understanding: Modi
- Almost USD 30 million seized in raids linked to Malaysian ex-PM
- Samsung must pay Apple $539mn in patent lawsuit: US court
- HDK faces floor test today; expected to sail through
- Special NIA court convicts five IM militants in Bodh Gaya serial blasts case
- Two men detonate explosive device at Indian restaurant in Canada; 15 injured
One held for assault on boxing player
Kolar police have nabbed a 20-year-old youth on the charge of attacking a national boxing player with a sharp edged weapon on Tuesday near Kempfort School.
Police said that the victim Ankit Verma was attacked with a sharp-edged weapon by the accused Jeetu Yadav. The victim was rushed to JP hospital where his condition is reportedly stable. The victim sustained 2-3 injuries in his face.
The police registered a case under section 294, 324, 326 and 506 of the IPC and nabbed the accused.In his complaint the victim stated that on Tuesday during a fight at Baskhedi road he intervened and tried to pacify the youths but one of the youths opposed and the victim punched him in his face. The youth identified as Jeetu Yadav to settle score followed the victim and on Wednesday attacked him.During the investigation police found that the Jeetu Yadav had also sustained injuries and after preliminary investigation a case against Ankit Verma and two others was registered. The police registered a case under section 294,323, 506 and 34 of the IPC and have started further investigation.Meanwhile, Bajaria police have nabbed a 20-year-old youth for abetment to commit suicide of 19-year-old girl at Vijay Nagar in the month of May this year.Police said that the deceased Bharti Shakya committed suicide at her house on June 13, 2017 and after few days her father lodged a complaint against the accused Sanjay Raikwar regarding harassment and molestation of her daughter.During the investigation police found that the accused used to harass the deceased and which forced her to take extreme step. The police registered a case under section 306 of the IPC and started further investigation.
- Modi visits J'khand today, to review aspirational districts' dev 25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- HP suspends 5 officials, including IPS officer for Kasauli incident 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt issues advisory on Nipah virus 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hemkund Sahib Yatra: An Exhilarating Spiritual experience 25 May 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Punjab imposes Rs 5 cr fine on erring mill 25 May 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Guv‚Äôs Cup Golf tournament to begin today 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt schools to pay domestic rates of power 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One accused of killing leopard cub arrested 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates modern lab complex at GGIC 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sanitation, employment and education are missions for Govt: Madan Kaushik 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun