- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Painting competitions at schools to promote energy conservation
Under the National Awareness Campaign to promote energy conservation in the country, launched by Union Ministry of Power, the NHDC, being the nodal agency in Madhya Pradesh, is organising painting competitions in different schools.
Under the scheme, School Principals have been asked to organize school painting competition under two categories for 4th, 5th & 6th standard (Category ‘A’) and 7th, 8th & 9th standard (Category ‘B’) students separately of two hour duration during any working day till September 27. The subject for category ‘A’ shall be ‘Save Money – Practice Energy Conservation’, ‘Bijli Bachao, Har Ghar Main Prakaash Lao’, ‘Save One Unit a day, Keep Power Cut Away’ and for category ‘B’ shall be ‘Energy Conservation – A Vision of the Future’, ‘Energy Conservation is the foundation of Energy Security’, ‘Energy Efficiency is a Journey not destination’.
School principal will select two best paintings in each category (A & B) and send them to at the Shyamla Hills office of the NHDC till October 7.
From the entries received from various Schools, a committee of experts will select 50 best paintings from each category. 50 selected students each from category ‘A’ & Category ‘B’ will be invited to Bhopal for State level on-the-spot painting competition of Two hour duration on November 12. The selected students will be paid Rs 1,000 each in cash by NHDC on the day of their participation at State level painting competition and reimbursed III Tier AC or sleeper class rail fare from the shorted route for self and two guardian.
For the State level painting competition, first prize of Rs 10,000, second prize of Rs 8,000, third prize of Rs 5,000 and 10 consolation prizes of Rs 1000 each will be given for each category on the same day (November 12) in a function organized by NHDC. First, second and third winner of State level painting competition will be invited to Delhi to participate in National Competition to be held on December 12.
National level winners will be awarded with first prize (One) of Rs 1,00,000, second prize (Four) of Rs 50,000, third prize (Eight) of Rs 25,000 and 10 consolation prizes of Rs 10,000 each and 10 BEE prizes of Rs 10,000 each on National Energy Conservation Day Function to be held in Delhi on December 14.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Terrorism new threat to Odisha security 10 Feb 2016 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Efforts on to make Rama Devi No1 university’ 10 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘PM misled nation on refinery facts’ 10 Feb 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Tech innovations needed for poverty reduction’ 10 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mega farmers’ convention in city on Feb 18 10 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rs143.34-crore Amrut projects for 9 cities 10 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Inbrief 10 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- A study of poster war expenses is a social necessity 10 Feb 2016 | Jayant Das | in Bhubaneswar
- Handicraft artisans in dire straits in State 10 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Light and sound show at Sun Temple soon 10 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
07 Feb 2016 | Rinku Ghosh
Photography legend Steve McCurry may be known for his iconic Afghan girl, but over the course of his long career, he has kept coming back to India, documenting our ever-evolving world. And though he may not have panned conflict-zone drama, he has a soul connect with each photograph of his India series...
Since Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi was LeT head, hence all orders (on 26/11 Mumbai strike) would have logically come from him.
It's a matter of time. Eventually, all talent will rise to the top. It's a matter of getting a new way of thinking.
From the time of Jawaharlal Nehru, economic policies adopted by Congress failed to solve the problems of the poor and farmers.