Painting competitions at schools to promote energy conservation
Under the National Awareness Campaign to promote energy conservation in the country, launched by Union Ministry of Power, the NHDC, being the nodal agency in Madhya Pradesh, is organising painting competitions in different schools.
Under the scheme, School Principals have been asked to organize school painting competition under two categories for 4th, 5th & 6th standard (Category ‘A’) and 7th, 8th & 9th standard (Category ‘B’) students separately of two hour duration during any working day till September 27. The subject for category ‘A’ shall be ‘Save Money – Practice Energy Conservation’, ‘Bijli Bachao, Har Ghar Main Prakaash Lao’, ‘Save One Unit a day, Keep Power Cut Away’ and for category ‘B’ shall be ‘Energy Conservation – A Vision of the Future’, ‘Energy Conservation is the foundation of Energy Security’, ‘Energy Efficiency is a Journey not destination’.
School principal will select two best paintings in each category (A & B) and send them to at the Shyamla Hills office of the NHDC till October 7.
From the entries received from various Schools, a committee of experts will select 50 best paintings from each category. 50 selected students each from category ‘A’ & Category ‘B’ will be invited to Bhopal for State level on-the-spot painting competition of Two hour duration on November 12. The selected students will be paid Rs 1,000 each in cash by NHDC on the day of their participation at State level painting competition and reimbursed III Tier AC or sleeper class rail fare from the shorted route for self and two guardian.
For the State level painting competition, first prize of Rs 10,000, second prize of Rs 8,000, third prize of Rs 5,000 and 10 consolation prizes of Rs 1000 each will be given for each category on the same day (November 12) in a function organized by NHDC. First, second and third winner of State level painting competition will be invited to Delhi to participate in National Competition to be held on December 12.
National level winners will be awarded with first prize (One) of Rs 1,00,000, second prize (Four) of Rs 50,000, third prize (Eight) of Rs 25,000 and 10 consolation prizes of Rs 10,000 each and 10 BEE prizes of Rs 10,000 each on National Energy Conservation Day Function to be held in Delhi on December 14.
- 500 Magistrates, 2K cops on toes for festivals 22 Sep 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Ashok Khosla to address Dr Verghese Kurien Memorial Oration at XLRI 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Kendriya Vidyalaya launches Swachchh Abhiyan 22 Sep 2017 | Suresh Nikhar | in Ranchi
- Maoists‚Äô landmine kills PTR elephant 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tata Power bags 3 gold awards at CCQC 2017 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Religious gurus meet on cleanliness 22 Sep 2017 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- SER to run special superfast trains to meet festive rush 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Councilor of Adityapur civic body stabbed 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Eco conservation theme to lure devotees 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi