- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
- Nationwide strike brings banking operations to a halt
- Jitu wins bronze in ISSF World Cup
- Jitu wins bronze in ISSF World Cup
- Samsung heir to be indicted on bribery charges
- China to build first underwater platform in South China Sea
- SC rejects plea to terminate foetus with Down syndrome
- 11 killed as bus plunges into canal in Andhra
- Slain Indian engineer's body reaches Hyderabad home
- Kejriwal to meet LG on Ramjas issue
- DU girl withdraws from campaign against ABVP
Painting competitions at schools to promote energy conservation
Under the National Awareness Campaign to promote energy conservation in the country, launched by Union Ministry of Power, the NHDC, being the nodal agency in Madhya Pradesh, is organising painting competitions in different schools.
Under the scheme, School Principals have been asked to organize school painting competition under two categories for 4th, 5th & 6th standard (Category ‘A’) and 7th, 8th & 9th standard (Category ‘B’) students separately of two hour duration during any working day till September 27. The subject for category ‘A’ shall be ‘Save Money – Practice Energy Conservation’, ‘Bijli Bachao, Har Ghar Main Prakaash Lao’, ‘Save One Unit a day, Keep Power Cut Away’ and for category ‘B’ shall be ‘Energy Conservation – A Vision of the Future’, ‘Energy Conservation is the foundation of Energy Security’, ‘Energy Efficiency is a Journey not destination’.
School principal will select two best paintings in each category (A & B) and send them to at the Shyamla Hills office of the NHDC till October 7.
From the entries received from various Schools, a committee of experts will select 50 best paintings from each category. 50 selected students each from category ‘A’ & Category ‘B’ will be invited to Bhopal for State level on-the-spot painting competition of Two hour duration on November 12. The selected students will be paid Rs 1,000 each in cash by NHDC on the day of their participation at State level painting competition and reimbursed III Tier AC or sleeper class rail fare from the shorted route for self and two guardian.
For the State level painting competition, first prize of Rs 10,000, second prize of Rs 8,000, third prize of Rs 5,000 and 10 consolation prizes of Rs 1000 each will be given for each category on the same day (November 12) in a function organized by NHDC. First, second and third winner of State level painting competition will be invited to Delhi to participate in National Competition to be held on December 12.
National level winners will be awarded with first prize (One) of Rs 1,00,000, second prize (Four) of Rs 50,000, third prize (Eight) of Rs 25,000 and 10 consolation prizes of Rs 10,000 each and 10 BEE prizes of Rs 10,000 each on National Energy Conservation Day Function to be held in Delhi on December 14.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- 58 per cent voting recorded in fifth phase of polling 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh Yadav threw another gauntlet to PM asking for debate 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati takes a dig at CM and his wife Dimple 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP divided over muslim participation in party organisation 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Odisha can supply power to each family in next 2-3 yrs 28 Feb 2017 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
- Ministry of Home Affairs refused to change cadre of Amitabh Thakur 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP, BJD at loggerheads again over IOCL 28 Feb 2017 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- Gohain reviews railway projects, stresses on safety 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP, Cong move SEC over discrepancies in evaluation 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Farmers dump tomato before K’jhar DM office 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
As a Mexican, Latin-American migrant worker and as a human being I am against any kind of wall that wants to separate us.
Dividing the world into us and our enemies, categories creates fear, a deceitful justification for aggression and war.
There is no collective goodwill or cooperation in Saarc. The Indo-Pak dispute happens to be the stumbling block.