Ration shops in every gram panchayat soon: Minister
Food, Civil Supplies, Consumer Protection and Labour Minister Omprakash Dhurve said that ration shops will be opened in every Gram panchayat. Independent sellers will be appointed in those ration shops which do not have them. Timely delivery of ration at the shops and proper distribution will be ensured.
Dhurve gave these instructions at a departmental meeting organised at the Mantralaya. Warehousing Corporation Chairman Rajendra Singh Rajput, Civil Supplies Corporation Chairman Hitesh Bajpai, Principal Secretary, Food Smt. Neelam Shami Rao, Commissioner Food Vivek Porwal and senior officers of the department were present at the meeting.
Dhurve issued directions to speed up process of allotment on the basis of applications invited for opening of government fair price shops in every panchayat. It was informed at the meeting that so far applications of opening 5253 shops have been received and the process of allotment is in process. There are 5334 such shops in rural areas which do not have independent sellers.
Dhurve directed to ensure appointment of independent sellers in all these shops before December 15. He said that the programme to deliver ration to Government fair price shops is fixed. He said that it should be ensured to deliver the ration on this fixed time. All beneficiaries must receive ration mandatorily from the 1st to 21st of every month.
The Food Minister issued instructions to initiate action to release 4 lakh connections every month under the Ujjwala Scheme. He said that the department has so far given gas connections to Rs 28.94 lakh beneficiaries, which is a big achievement. It was informed at the meeting that there are 72 lakh beneficiaries in the state who have to be provided gas connections under Ujjwala Scheme. Dhurve issued instructions to speed up appointment of district president of Consumers Forum.
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun