- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
RSS advises Rahul to have better script writers
All India Pracharak of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) Manmohan Vaidya on Wednesday charged that like Rahul Gandhi, his father and grandmother had also raised baseless allegations on it, however, he said, the Sangh continued to flourish over the years.
On the contrary, the Congress graph has come down, he added.
While talking to mediapersons before RSS meeting, Vadya said Rahul Gandhi should get better advisors and script writers who have full knowledge of the RSS.
He was replying to a query posed with the statement of Rahul that RSS did not believe in women's participation in the RSS Shakhas.
He advised Gandhi to compete with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), instead of the RSS.
He clarified that like hockey and cricket games, with which teams of males and females are separated; RSS is an organisation with men's team only. "Right from the beginning, the Sangh has been working among males only," he said, adding that there are supporters among women and the Sangh appreciated it.
He stated that RSS had been engaging in personality development for decades and there were no other organisations in the country which do such things.
Notably, several socio economic issues are likely to be discussed at a three-day meeting of the RSS beginning here from Thursday.
Besides these, the meeting of the Akhil Bharatiya Karyakarini Mandal (ABKM), popularly known as the 'Diwali Baithak', will review the activities undertaken by the outfit in the last six months, RSS functionaries said.
The ABKM is one of the highest bodies of the RSS for policy formulation and decision-making.
RSS Madhya Bharat Pranth Publicity Head (Prachar Pramukh) Deepak Sharma said nearly 300 delegates from across the country were expected to take part in the meet that will take place at Shishu Mandir School in Sharda Vihar area.
The Nagpur-based organisation holds its executive meeting twice a year - in March and October, Sharma said, adding Bhopal is hosting the conclave after a decade.
The meeting will also review the Sangh's work over the past six months, another RSS functionary said. RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, who is camping here for the last one week, will attend the conclave.
- Women power to rule lower judiciary in Jharkhand 19 Oct 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | in Ranchi
- 300 policemen on toes to ensure peaceful Diwali 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Diwali celebration with underprivileged kids 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Teachers gear up for union polls 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Diwali: Additional forces deployed 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- State Govt gives Diwali gift to GCE Hospital 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Modi to inaugurate projects: Bhatt 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- City gears up for Diwali celebration 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Security upped for PM‚Äôs Oct 20 visit 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun