Schoolteacher suspended in MP for wife's open defecation
Minister of State for School Education Deepak Joshi has said that he would ask the District Education Officer (DEO) of Ashok Nagar district to reconsider his decision to suspend a schoolteacher of Ishagarh on the charge that his wife went for defecation in the open.
The DEO in his order on Tuesday had suspended two teachers. Of them, Prakash Prajapati was suspended as his wife had gone for defecation in the open.
While talking to The Pioneer the Education Minister said that any Government servant cannot be punished for any misdeed by his wife. He said that he would ask the DEO to reconsider his decision.
However, when asked, District Collector BS Jamod justified the action saying that some harsh punishments are required to make Swachh Bharat Mission a success. He argued that a man is very much responsible for any act of his wife.
The education officer of Ashoknagar district said open defecation amounted to misconduct and violation of the Government's directives.
Under the Swachh Bharat Mission, the teachers are entrusted with the task of keeping a watch on people who defecate in the open but, on the contrary, the teachers were themselves violating the system despite having a toilet at their homes, he said.
In June this year, the panchayat officials in Virpur village of MP's Raisen district had imposed a fine of nearly Rs 4 lakh collectively on 13 families for open defecation.
Notably, the Swachh Bharat Mission was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 2, 2014 with the goal of making India clean and free of open defecation by 2019.
- Inbrief 24 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav to be held on Feb 24, 25 24 Feb 2018 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Kathak dance with Dhrupad music witnessed at Bhopal 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Grand award ceremony held at multi-art centre 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Turmali play staged at Tribal Museum 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Welfare, hostel scheme implemented to make foodgrain available 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Teesri Kasam movie screened at Dhusyant Kumar Memorial Museum 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Ujaas 2018 begins at Anand Vihar College for women 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies, met with accident on Feb 17 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- SCR Manufactures 100th AC EMU Set 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal