- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
Scrap dealer invites locals for last rites, hangs self
A 30-year-old scrap dealer committed suicide by hanging with the ceiling at his residence after inviting locals for his last rites at Madrasi Colony under Gautam Nagar police station area on Sunday.
The deceased identified as Sandeep Nikam was found hanging at his house and was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead.
Police have not found any suicide note or anything which could help in determining the reason behind the extreme step taken by the deceased.
After the preliminary investigation the body was sent for the post mortem. The police have registered a case under section 174 of the CrPC and have started further investigation.
During the investigation police found that the deceased was addicted to liquor and was heavily drunk when he invited the neighbours for his last rites. The reason remained unknown and would be investigated.
Meanwhile, a 17-year-old girl committed suicide after her parents refused to take her along to a function at Sharda Nagar under Gautam Nagar police station area on Sunday.
Police said that the deceased Subhana Khan was found hanging and rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared dead.
In the initial investigation police found that the girl’s parents were going to attend a function and the girl wanted to join them but the parents refused and later the girl commited suicide. The reason could not be ascertained and would be investigated.
Body was sent for the post mortem after the preliminary investigation. The police have registered a case under section 174 of the CrPC and have started further investigation.
- Lok Adalat settles 356 cases in B‚Äôpur 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 1902 jail to turn into museum 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Pedestrians pose hindrance to traffic here 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Rourkela tagged under UDAN scheme 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Paramour behind murder of Neha Yadav 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Handloom saree drive in city a big draw 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- IISWC pen-down, tool down strike continues 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Rawat, Upadhyay and others granted bail by CJM court 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- MCD to raise awareness about ban 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Ignorance, apathy continue to thwart its purpose 25 Apr 2018 | Monisha Bahuguna | in Dehradun