- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Series of functions to mark 2-day Shree Dutt Jayanti Mahotsav
Series of functions will mark two-day Shree Dutt Jayanti Mahotsav to begin here at Rangoon Garden from December 15. The two-day function will be graced by galaxy of political leaders including former BJP president and party general secretary Nitin Gadkari, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, film actors, social workers and other dignitaries from a cross section of the society.
Briefing mediapersons about the event, spiritual leader Bhaiyyu Maharaj here on Friday said on the first day of the programme, a 'Rashtriya Chetna Paryavaran Mahayangna' will be organised at Rangoon garden wherein 11,000 saplings would be distributed among the people and the same would be taken back from them for its plantation in the memories of their ancestors so as to develop an ideal forest to help conserve environment. The function would be graced by former BJP president Nitin Gadkari and others.
On the inaugural day of the function, a 'Vriksh Evam Granth Dindi yatra' would also be taken out from the main programme venue with a view to creating an awareness among people about religious text, books and environment conservation.
The first day's function will conclude with a religious musical programme to be presented by eminent artistes Udhav Bapu Apegaonkar and Balli Maharaj, Bhaiyyu Maharaj said adding on the second day of the function on December 16, a programme will be organised at Suryoday Ashram to mark birth day celebration of the Dattatrey.
On the same day, veteran social worker Abhay Bang will be conferred with "Manavta Sewa Samman" award by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and his wife Sadhna Singh at Rangoon garden at 4 pm in recognition to his yeomen services in social fields.
Eminent film actor Ashutosh Rana will be main speaker of the function. Prominent among those who will grace the occasion include BJP MLAs Kailash Vijayverigya, Usha Thakur, Ramesh Mendola, Congress MP Sajjan Singh Verma and others.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Haryana issues guidelines for CLU permission 01 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana issue directions for teachers 01 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Child Rights Commission plan to eliminate child beggary in Punjab 01 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana to extend benefits under PMSBY to everyone 01 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana drafts doctors transfer policy 01 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana power staff strike enters Day 2 01 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab hails launch of India Teacher Edu Portal ‘Prashikshak’ 01 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 01 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Sukhbir takes potshots at AAP, slams Kejriwal 01 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Victim knocks National Commission for SC door against Salman’s gangrape remark 01 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
After Kanshi Ram, Mayawati started eyeing non-saleable vote-banks and began selling party tickets. The BSP became a mandi for ticket selling.
The annoying thing about tabloid rumours is the double standard. If I'm spotted with a guy, it’s a negative headline. Men don't get that reputation.
There are people like Bernie Sanders who I think genuinely deserved the title (‘populist’), because he has been in the vineyards fighting on behalf of these issues.