- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Series of functions to mark 2-day Shree Dutt Jayanti Mahotsav
Series of functions will mark two-day Shree Dutt Jayanti Mahotsav to begin here at Rangoon Garden from December 15. The two-day function will be graced by galaxy of political leaders including former BJP president and party general secretary Nitin Gadkari, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, film actors, social workers and other dignitaries from a cross section of the society.
Briefing mediapersons about the event, spiritual leader Bhaiyyu Maharaj here on Friday said on the first day of the programme, a 'Rashtriya Chetna Paryavaran Mahayangna' will be organised at Rangoon garden wherein 11,000 saplings would be distributed among the people and the same would be taken back from them for its plantation in the memories of their ancestors so as to develop an ideal forest to help conserve environment. The function would be graced by former BJP president Nitin Gadkari and others.
On the inaugural day of the function, a 'Vriksh Evam Granth Dindi yatra' would also be taken out from the main programme venue with a view to creating an awareness among people about religious text, books and environment conservation.
The first day's function will conclude with a religious musical programme to be presented by eminent artistes Udhav Bapu Apegaonkar and Balli Maharaj, Bhaiyyu Maharaj said adding on the second day of the function on December 16, a programme will be organised at Suryoday Ashram to mark birth day celebration of the Dattatrey.
On the same day, veteran social worker Abhay Bang will be conferred with "Manavta Sewa Samman" award by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and his wife Sadhna Singh at Rangoon garden at 4 pm in recognition to his yeomen services in social fields.
Eminent film actor Ashutosh Rana will be main speaker of the function. Prominent among those who will grace the occasion include BJP MLAs Kailash Vijayverigya, Usha Thakur, Ramesh Mendola, Congress MP Sajjan Singh Verma and others.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- UP Govt turns down water-train proposal 06 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Provide extended help for bundelkhand people: Maurya 06 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Autopsy report out for NRI family murder case 06 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Miscreants strikes terror in Mathura 06 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Verma likely to be SP candidate for RS in next July 06 May 2016 | Virendra Nath Bhatt | in Lucknow
- Raj bhawan refers controversial bills to Prez 06 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Four held for violence in city 06 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 1,917 schools run with single teacher in State 06 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Dharmendra bats for Maritime College 06 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 13 rly stations of Punjab selected for revamp 06 May 2016 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
My ministry is doing everything practically possible to make air travel of MPs comfortable. But MPs are not super citizens.
Everyone speaks to me in Bengali. I show off my Bengali wherever I can. When I am in Kolkata, I don’t miss home that much.
It frightens me that there is a sign among us (in Israel), in 2016, of the ghastly trends that took place in Europe (during the Holocaust).