- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Series of functions to mark 2-day Shree Dutt Jayanti Mahotsav
Series of functions will mark two-day Shree Dutt Jayanti Mahotsav to begin here at Rangoon Garden from December 15. The two-day function will be graced by galaxy of political leaders including former BJP president and party general secretary Nitin Gadkari, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, film actors, social workers and other dignitaries from a cross section of the society.
Briefing mediapersons about the event, spiritual leader Bhaiyyu Maharaj here on Friday said on the first day of the programme, a 'Rashtriya Chetna Paryavaran Mahayangna' will be organised at Rangoon garden wherein 11,000 saplings would be distributed among the people and the same would be taken back from them for its plantation in the memories of their ancestors so as to develop an ideal forest to help conserve environment. The function would be graced by former BJP president Nitin Gadkari and others.
On the inaugural day of the function, a 'Vriksh Evam Granth Dindi yatra' would also be taken out from the main programme venue with a view to creating an awareness among people about religious text, books and environment conservation.
The first day's function will conclude with a religious musical programme to be presented by eminent artistes Udhav Bapu Apegaonkar and Balli Maharaj, Bhaiyyu Maharaj said adding on the second day of the function on December 16, a programme will be organised at Suryoday Ashram to mark birth day celebration of the Dattatrey.
On the same day, veteran social worker Abhay Bang will be conferred with "Manavta Sewa Samman" award by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and his wife Sadhna Singh at Rangoon garden at 4 pm in recognition to his yeomen services in social fields.
Eminent film actor Ashutosh Rana will be main speaker of the function. Prominent among those who will grace the occasion include BJP MLAs Kailash Vijayverigya, Usha Thakur, Ramesh Mendola, Congress MP Sajjan Singh Verma and others.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- BJP-BJD face-off over refinery hots up 06 Feb 2016 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- 5 major city parks to get open air gyms 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State for early announcement of NINIE 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Denizens join hands with BMC, clean city 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State’s support has made refinery possible: BJD 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘BJD Government’s incentive withdrawal delayed refinery’ 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mahapatra chief dir of movie on Paika Vidroh 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Indian origin Canada national detained 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NSD to bring Bharat Rang Mahotsav to city 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Seashore dir Prabhat’s bail plea rejected 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
31 Jan 2016 | Gautam Chintamani
The Indians are coming! From Kunal Nayyar to Priyanka Chopra to Aziz Ansari, Gautam Chintamani explains how the golden age of Indian or even Asian portrayal on American television may have irrevocably arrived In an episode of the television show Master of None titled ‘Indians on TV’, Aziz Ansari, the well-known American actor and comedian, who also happens to be the creator of the show, succinctly summed up the state of....
The previous Governor had refused sanction for my prosecution. It was illegal on CBI's part to seek sanctions once again.
I get news about him (injured Formula One legend Michael Schumacher) constantly, and unfortunately it's not good.
When Syrian refugees seek sanctuary, it's the faithful from synagogues, mosques, temples and churches who welcome them.