- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Series of functions to mark 2-day Shree Dutt Jayanti Mahotsav
Series of functions will mark two-day Shree Dutt Jayanti Mahotsav to begin here at Rangoon Garden from December 15. The two-day function will be graced by galaxy of political leaders including former BJP president and party general secretary Nitin Gadkari, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, film actors, social workers and other dignitaries from a cross section of the society.
Briefing mediapersons about the event, spiritual leader Bhaiyyu Maharaj here on Friday said on the first day of the programme, a 'Rashtriya Chetna Paryavaran Mahayangna' will be organised at Rangoon garden wherein 11,000 saplings would be distributed among the people and the same would be taken back from them for its plantation in the memories of their ancestors so as to develop an ideal forest to help conserve environment. The function would be graced by former BJP president Nitin Gadkari and others.
On the inaugural day of the function, a 'Vriksh Evam Granth Dindi yatra' would also be taken out from the main programme venue with a view to creating an awareness among people about religious text, books and environment conservation.
The first day's function will conclude with a religious musical programme to be presented by eminent artistes Udhav Bapu Apegaonkar and Balli Maharaj, Bhaiyyu Maharaj said adding on the second day of the function on December 16, a programme will be organised at Suryoday Ashram to mark birth day celebration of the Dattatrey.
On the same day, veteran social worker Abhay Bang will be conferred with "Manavta Sewa Samman" award by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and his wife Sadhna Singh at Rangoon garden at 4 pm in recognition to his yeomen services in social fields.
Eminent film actor Ashutosh Rana will be main speaker of the function. Prominent among those who will grace the occasion include BJP MLAs Kailash Vijayverigya, Usha Thakur, Ramesh Mendola, Congress MP Sajjan Singh Verma and others.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- V’nagaram-Titlagarh rail project gets Centre’s nod 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- SCB Nursing students put protest on hold 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CM wants 150 youths get skill training in each Gram panchayat 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Irregularities in pvt college Lecturers’ selection alleged 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3,837 B’deshi immigrants staying in Odisha 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Milk farmers’ body meets Agri Min, submits memo 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sure, Odisha will not follow Bihar on prohibition farce! 26 May 2016 | BISWARAJ PATNAIK | in Bhubaneswar
- Posters for Modi’s June 2 visit released 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Govt steps in to check rise in prices of arhar dal, meeting on 27 26 May 2016 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- CCL organises workshop on ‘augmentation of underground production’ 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
22 May 2016 | Rajib Chowdhury
The BJP's historic win in Assam, signalling a major political shift in the region, is a crucial step in concretising Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision for the party's North East outreach May 19 ushered in a new dawn in Assam — a dawn that held the promise of change and hope for a better future, or as some would say, achche din. Expanding its political clout beyond the traditional bastion and...
Introduction of NEET would be a direct infringement on the rights of the State and would cause grave injustice to the State’s students.
I am fighting with myself all the time. I constantly try to up my standard a little bit. I don't have time to look behind.
The idea of fashion is for people to discuss, and I guess she (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan with purple lipstick) wanted to be discussed.