- Not undergone any makeover, BJP distorted my image: Rahul Gandhi
- Leaders pay homage to Parliament attack victims; Manmohan greets Modi
- Ex-Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda convicted in coal scam case
- Govt shelves Dec 31 deadline on Aadhaar, PAN in financial dealings
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr from Centre for Ockhi damage
- SC stalls Centre's takeover of Unitech
Sexual assault of nurse: Accused held
Ashoka Graden police have nabbed a 26-year-old miscreant involved in sexually assaulting of a 21-year-old nursing student in December last year; accused carried a cash reward of Rs 5000 on his head.
Police said that acting on a tip off an absconding rape accused identified as Kamta Prakash was nabbed from ISBT bus stand inside a bus. The accused works with a private firm while the victim was pursuing nursing course from a private college in the city.
The victim in her complaint stated that she was sexually assaulted and exploited from December 25 to 31, 2016 and later she got pregnant and when she asked the accused to marry her, he fled the city and reached Chhindwara.
The victim returned to her house and when she was diagnosed at civil hospital in Chhindwara it was found that the seven month old baby died in the womb.
After the preliminary investigation the police found registered a case under section 376(2) N of the IPC and started investigation.
During the investigation the police found that the accused is hiding in Chhindwara and several times teams were dispatched to nab the accused but failed and a cash reward of Rs 5000 was declared to provide the whereabouts of the accused.
On Tuesday acting on a tip off regarding the presence of accused in a bus to Chhindwara at ISBT bus stand, he was nabbed.
- CM unveils many development projects 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Normal life disrupted in state following snowfall 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops terrorised us to leave village: Sohan Lal 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Will revive Naini Lake at any cost: CS 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt demands Rs 2761 cr as 2nd Supplementary 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Dalits bodies stage sit-in on missing dalit boy 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Kissing row rocks House, BJP wants debate 14 Dec 2017 | SANTOSH NARAYAN | in Ranchi
- Nursery Act drafted on CM‚Äôs order 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Training on water test held 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- SBI Life to build B‚Äôswar school lavatories 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar