Temperature dips to 4 degree celcius, intense cold prevails
The citizens in the State capital on Tuesday woke up to a foggy morning with very intense cold weather conditions that prevailed throughout the day.
Sharp dip in the day temperature was felt and it was recorded 4 degree Celsius below the normal temperature at 22.5 degree Celsius. Dark clouds were witnessed and cold winds were witnessed during the day. The early morning hours were with very low visibility.
Met official said that the weather conditions would start to normalize after Wednesday as the system movement will impact the weather conditions for the next two days.
Rainfall continued to the witnessed for the second consecutive day in the state. Two places recorded 2 cm of rainfall while six places recorded 1 cm of rainfall in the past 24 hours.
Warning of hailstorm in the next 24 hours has been issued for Hoshangabad, Jabalpur and Shahdol divisions and warning of shallow to dense fog in Gwalior, Chambal, Sagar, Rewa and Hoshangabad divisions by Met department.
According to the forecast eight divisions are likely to witness thundery activities and rainfall. Few places in Jabalpur, Hoshangabad, Shahdol and Rewa divisions are likely to receive rainfall while isolated places in Bhopal, Gwalior, Chambal and Sagar divisions are likely to receive rainfall.
The temperatures are likely to be witnessed in the range of 25 degree Celsius to 13 degree Celsius. The lowest night temperature was recorded at 8 degree Celsius in Shivpuri.
Among major cities Indore recorded day temperature at 26.7 degree Celsius and night temperature at 13.4 degree Celsius. Jabalpur recorded the lowest day temperature at 19.3 degree Celsius which was 8 degree Celsius below the normal temperature. Gwalior recorded lowest night temperature at 10.5 degree Celsius.
- Modi visits J'khand today, to review aspirational districts' dev 25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- HP suspends 5 officials, including IPS officer for Kasauli incident 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt issues advisory on Nipah virus 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hemkund Sahib Yatra: An Exhilarating Spiritual experience 25 May 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Punjab imposes Rs 5 cr fine on erring mill 25 May 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Guv‚Äôs Cup Golf tournament to begin today 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt schools to pay domestic rates of power 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One accused of killing leopard cub arrested 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates modern lab complex at GGIC 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sanitation, employment and education are missions for Govt: Madan Kaushik 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun