Three Nigerians among six cybercrooks nabbed
Six member of an International gang of hackers were arrested by Cyber cell, among them were three Nigerians who had facilitated Rs 42 lakh fraud with a Mandideep based company.
The victim, identified as one Anand Jain, who owns Prompt Engineers Private Company, lodged a complaint with police that Rs 42 lakhs were transferred from his Bank of Baroda bank account.
Police who were investigating the case said that an international gang of hackers, with the help of Indians, committed the crime and consequently, they were nabbed.
The CCTV footage revealed that Anil Pandey had gone to the BSNL office for obtaining a SIM card and based on the footage , he was searched and nabbed. He confessed that Shivendra Sikarwar gave the contract of obtaining duplicate SIM card and offered Rs 35,000 for the work and received Rs 15,000 for the same.
Ramsingh alias Rajveer of Rajeev Nagar supported in facilitating SIM card and bank for transfer.
He has been booked under Section 419, 420, 467, 468, 471, 120 B of the IPC and 66 C of IT Act. The Nigerians were identified as Ibezim Peter (22), David Olutayo (29) and Everest Chinedu Oparaeke (27). They coordinate with hackers in Nigeria and provide bank accounts and identify Indians who could help them in committing fraud. Another work they do it to provide mobile numbers of jailed Nigerians to their members.
The three Nigerians have been nabbed from Noida. Visa of all the three Nigerians have expired and passport of two of them have expired and they were living illegally in India.
The net banking password was hacked.
The accused used their photograph in identity card of the victim provided for obtaining duplicate SIM card.
During the investigation police found that the negligence on the part of BSNL employee has made the fraud easy as the identification card was not verified before issuing duplicate SIM card to the accused.
Two of the accused Rajendrs Satnami and John Browni are absconding. Rajendra accompanied John to the BSNL office for obtaining the duplicate SIM card.
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 3 killed, 2 injured in road mishap 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 900 villages get wi-fi: IT Dept 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 arrested in gangrape case 23 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Woman who accused cop of destroying her married life commits suicide 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Need to continuously adapt to evolving technology: Aman 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Veteran leader Bagun Sumbrui passes away 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM for easy loans to marginalised sections 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi