Three Nigerians among six cybercrooks nabbed
Six member of an International gang of hackers were arrested by Cyber cell, among them were three Nigerians who had facilitated Rs 42 lakh fraud with a Mandideep based company.
The victim, identified as one Anand Jain, who owns Prompt Engineers Private Company, lodged a complaint with police that Rs 42 lakhs were transferred from his Bank of Baroda bank account.
Police who were investigating the case said that an international gang of hackers, with the help of Indians, committed the crime and consequently, they were nabbed.
The CCTV footage revealed that Anil Pandey had gone to the BSNL office for obtaining a SIM card and based on the footage , he was searched and nabbed. He confessed that Shivendra Sikarwar gave the contract of obtaining duplicate SIM card and offered Rs 35,000 for the work and received Rs 15,000 for the same.
Ramsingh alias Rajveer of Rajeev Nagar supported in facilitating SIM card and bank for transfer.
He has been booked under Section 419, 420, 467, 468, 471, 120 B of the IPC and 66 C of IT Act. The Nigerians were identified as Ibezim Peter (22), David Olutayo (29) and Everest Chinedu Oparaeke (27). They coordinate with hackers in Nigeria and provide bank accounts and identify Indians who could help them in committing fraud. Another work they do it to provide mobile numbers of jailed Nigerians to their members.
The three Nigerians have been nabbed from Noida. Visa of all the three Nigerians have expired and passport of two of them have expired and they were living illegally in India.
The net banking password was hacked.
The accused used their photograph in identity card of the victim provided for obtaining duplicate SIM card.
During the investigation police found that the negligence on the part of BSNL employee has made the fraud easy as the identification card was not verified before issuing duplicate SIM card to the accused.
Two of the accused Rajendrs Satnami and John Browni are absconding. Rajendra accompanied John to the BSNL office for obtaining the duplicate SIM card.
- First meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas held at CM residence 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Massive rebel camp destroyed in W Singhbhum 24 Apr 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- DC DC MDM meal: headmastersuspended 24 Apr 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- 2 killed in road mishap in Gandhinagar 24 Apr 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Five held for illegal mining 24 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Garhwa SP launches safety drive 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- LED campaign vehicle flagged off in Bokaro 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MP Govt clears Rs 3,250 cr for dist roads construction 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Man gets lifer for killing aunt 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mishra new Nalco Dir (Com) 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar