Transport Min: Involvement of citizens to curb road accidents must
Meeting should be held every month with citizens at police station level to maintain social harmony and law and order, said Home and Transport Minister Bhupendra Singh during a review meeting of the Bhopal and Hoshangabad divisions at police control room here on Tuesday.
He said that the road accidents are challenges for police and to stop the increasing number of accidents better monitoring system and strengthening of system would be required.
The participation of citizens is required to curb the number of accidents. Cyber crimes are on rise and require awareness among the citizens. With the help of transport department license of drunk drivers should be done.
Property of criminals should be seized to make them financially weak and restrain them from crimes. Continuous efforts to control teasing of women and girls would be required and training of self-defense for women and girls is important.
A decrease of 33 per cent in road accidents has been recorded as compared to number of accidents reported last year. Under smart city project 14 places have been installed with advance cameras. With the aim to encourage citizens to support and join traffic police over social media efforts have been made and for this traffic warden has been started on whatspp which provides details like diversion and traffic status. The whatapps number is 75876022055.
In the city 5 variable messaging systems has been installed at 10 places. During the meeting SP of Bhopal, Hoshangabad, Betul, Harda, Raisen, Rajgarh, Sehore and Vidisha shared law and order situation in their districts.
- Modi visits J'khand today, to review aspirational districts' dev 25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- HP suspends 5 officials, including IPS officer for Kasauli incident 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt issues advisory on Nipah virus 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hemkund Sahib Yatra: An Exhilarating Spiritual experience 25 May 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Punjab imposes Rs 5 cr fine on erring mill 25 May 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Guv‚Äôs Cup Golf tournament to begin today 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt schools to pay domestic rates of power 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One accused of killing leopard cub arrested 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates modern lab complex at GGIC 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sanitation, employment and education are missions for Govt: Madan Kaushik 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun