Transport Min: Involvement of citizens to curb road accidents must
Meeting should be held every month with citizens at police station level to maintain social harmony and law and order, said Home and Transport Minister Bhupendra Singh during a review meeting of the Bhopal and Hoshangabad divisions at police control room here on Tuesday.
He said that the road accidents are challenges for police and to stop the increasing number of accidents better monitoring system and strengthening of system would be required.
The participation of citizens is required to curb the number of accidents. Cyber crimes are on rise and require awareness among the citizens. With the help of transport department license of drunk drivers should be done.
Property of criminals should be seized to make them financially weak and restrain them from crimes. Continuous efforts to control teasing of women and girls would be required and training of self-defense for women and girls is important.
A decrease of 33 per cent in road accidents has been recorded as compared to number of accidents reported last year. Under smart city project 14 places have been installed with advance cameras. With the aim to encourage citizens to support and join traffic police over social media efforts have been made and for this traffic warden has been started on whatspp which provides details like diversion and traffic status. The whatapps number is 75876022055.
In the city 5 variable messaging systems has been installed at 10 places. During the meeting SP of Bhopal, Hoshangabad, Betul, Harda, Raisen, Rajgarh, Sehore and Vidisha shared law and order situation in their districts.
- Bypolls to Chitrakoot seat set for direct fight 23 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- IIP energy research workshop from Oct 23 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Hooch claims one more life in State 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MAD students clean up Dobhalwala 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Bus commuters face problems post Diwali 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Drive to check traffic violations conducted 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM releases cop‚Äôs book of poems 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Press conference discusses need of laws for domestic help 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PMHS gearing up for its battle royale 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- UMSSB extends dates for medical officers‚Äô forms 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun