UP architecture students, faculty visit Manav Sangrahalaya
Students and faculty members of the School of Architecture DTC, Grater Noida (UP), visited Manav Sangrahalaya at Bhopal on Friday for studying the various typologies and built up spaces of vernacular architecture of different States, as a part of their academic schedule.
P Shankara Rao and Ashok Kumar Sharma introduced the vernacular architecture of this museum in brief. On this occasion, 45 students and four faculty members visited the open air exhibition and Veethi Sankul indoor exhibition building of the museum.
Meanwhile, for establishing a museum in Sikkim State, on Friday, Chunni Thakarpa (Deputy Director) and Deepashikha Gurung (Archives Officer) from Cultural Affairs and Heritage Department of Sikkim government, visited Traditional Technology Park, Rock Art Shelters, Tribal Habitat, Himalayan Village, Coastal & Desert Village open air exhibition and Specimen store, Mythological Trail, Avritti Bhawan and galleries of Veethi Sankul at IGRMS.
During the visit, they were guided by P Shankar Rao and Ashok Kumar Sharma of Manav Sangrahalaya.
Besides, in Pottery trail at IGRMS, the traditional artists of Manipur started the work of pot making after Ritual process. This ritual performed by Prof Sarit Kumar Chaudhuri (Director, IGRMS). The potters use Leitan (black clay) and Nungjreng (Sand) as tempering material to produce their red wares.
The materials are found in their locality. The potters of these three villages mix the clay with nungjreng in an equal ratio to prepare good paste for producing strong and durable pots.The art of handmade pottery involves a distinct craftsmanship handmade pottery uses unique kind of beating and polishing tools and the potter moves around the clay to shape the pot. One can see the beautiful hand gestures applied in transforming the clay into beautiful pots.
- IPS officials play brilliantly at IPS Meet 2018 18 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 2 bank officials get 3 years rigorous imprisonment for duping bank 18 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Govt doing its best to curb child mortality 18 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Crime Branch bust 2 drug peddlers 18 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- BHEL wins order for setting up 660 MW plant 18 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Murugesan inspects Parade Ground Republic Day preparations 18 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 4 nabbed for harassing women, thrashing others in city bus 18 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Snow prediction in upper areas, normal weather in rest State: Met 18 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Locals, activists write to Min to revoke Pindar river project 18 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- DM asks agencies to speed up work, meet 18 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun