- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
In an effort to make the twin cities of Bhubaneswar and Cuttack free of criminal elements, Commissioner of Police Yogesh Bahadur Khurania has directed the Inspectors-in Charge (IICs) of all the 20 police station of the Bhubaneswar urban police district to prepare criminals’ lists at the earliest.
Khurania has directed the IICs to start preparing lists of criminals of their respective jurisdictions for their early arrest. Meanwhile, sources said the Commissionerate Police has decided to form a Quick Action Team (QAT) with a focus on dealing with crimes in Bhubaneswar-Cuttack exclusively. Eleven capable police officers with good track records would be parts of the team.
Senior officials would be designated to pass on secret information, informed Khurania.
Meanwhile, the Kharvela Nagar police arrested one Lalu Biswal in connection with the firing incident in Press Colony area on Sunday night.
Two persons were injured in a firing incident at Press Colony. Lalu and his associates came on a motorbike and fired six rounds, injuring a chicken counter owner Kamalakanta Mohanty and his friend Madhusudan Nayak. After firing the accused fled from the spot.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- C’garh Govt to monitor projects using advanced software 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Addl 14,140 MW of power gen in C’garh by March’22: CEA 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- GSECL to start mining work in Gare Pelma-I block soon 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC to set up mega ‘Steel Loading Platform’ at Nagarnar 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Police informer’ shot at by Maoists in Sukma district 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Srabani too books Rio berth; State rejoices 27 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State urges Centre to allocate more IPS 27 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Madhubabu’s daughter country’s first woman lawyer’ 27 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 10-year-old Meghali makes it to India Book of Records 27 Jun 2016 | PNN | in Bhubaneswar
- Child rights body suggests Govt for ‘serious introspection’ 27 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
How can a 48-member NSG be an elite group? It’s got members like New Zealand, Ireland...These people who have no nuclear programme of any kind.
I had a great time working with Jackie Chan. He is the most humble and grounded person I have ever met. He is a true legend.
I do not understand why the British Government needs until October to decide whether to send the divorce letter to Brussels