- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
In an effort to make the twin cities of Bhubaneswar and Cuttack free of criminal elements, Commissioner of Police Yogesh Bahadur Khurania has directed the Inspectors-in Charge (IICs) of all the 20 police station of the Bhubaneswar urban police district to prepare criminals’ lists at the earliest.
Khurania has directed the IICs to start preparing lists of criminals of their respective jurisdictions for their early arrest. Meanwhile, sources said the Commissionerate Police has decided to form a Quick Action Team (QAT) with a focus on dealing with crimes in Bhubaneswar-Cuttack exclusively. Eleven capable police officers with good track records would be parts of the team.
Senior officials would be designated to pass on secret information, informed Khurania.
Meanwhile, the Kharvela Nagar police arrested one Lalu Biswal in connection with the firing incident in Press Colony area on Sunday night.
Two persons were injured in a firing incident at Press Colony. Lalu and his associates came on a motorbike and fired six rounds, injuring a chicken counter owner Kamalakanta Mohanty and his friend Madhusudan Nayak. After firing the accused fled from the spot.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Daruthenga sarpanch arrested 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Textile cluster in B’war dist soon 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- inbrief 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Upasana lodges fresh plaint against producer Rejesh Pati 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 41.9% rural households live in one-room kutcha houses 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- PPT holds port awareness drive for schoolchildren 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Industry can’t develop at cost of cultural values’ 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Conserve water for future generation’ 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- K’pada freedom fighter visit to Delhi cancelled 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Joydeep sent back to jail after end of remand 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
31 Jul 2016 | Rohit Srivastava
Despite being a relatively new force, the NDRF has responded to 1,121 operations across the country and abroad, rescuing over four lakh people. It has emerged as the go-to authority in case of disasters, big or small, writes Rohit Srivastava On April 25, at 5...
I challenge Bikram S Majithia (Revenue Minister of Punjab) to arrest me in six months as they are in power. Else, I will arrest him after six months.
When you do a film, a role, you create an image and industry wants to use that image and give you similar parts.
I will be a President for the Democrats, the Republicans, and Independents. For the struggling, the striving and the successful... For all Americans.