- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
In an effort to make the twin cities of Bhubaneswar and Cuttack free of criminal elements, Commissioner of Police Yogesh Bahadur Khurania has directed the Inspectors-in Charge (IICs) of all the 20 police station of the Bhubaneswar urban police district to prepare criminals’ lists at the earliest.
Khurania has directed the IICs to start preparing lists of criminals of their respective jurisdictions for their early arrest. Meanwhile, sources said the Commissionerate Police has decided to form a Quick Action Team (QAT) with a focus on dealing with crimes in Bhubaneswar-Cuttack exclusively. Eleven capable police officers with good track records would be parts of the team.
Senior officials would be designated to pass on secret information, informed Khurania.
Meanwhile, the Kharvela Nagar police arrested one Lalu Biswal in connection with the firing incident in Press Colony area on Sunday night.
Two persons were injured in a firing incident at Press Colony. Lalu and his associates came on a motorbike and fired six rounds, injuring a chicken counter owner Kamalakanta Mohanty and his friend Madhusudan Nayak. After firing the accused fled from the spot.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Ramesh Jena’s aide Jitu injured in encounter 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Pvt school defies Govt closure notice 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mashal Yatra evokes huge response across State 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Young singers enthral audience despite congenital disorders 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rotavirus claims 40% diarrhoea deaths of Indian kids 30 Apr 2016 | ARABINDA MOHANTY | in Bhubaneswar
- Illegal structures near rly workshop razed 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 40% posts in 3 Govt med colleges vacant 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 924 die of kidney failure; 1,484 in AIDS 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Subroto Bagchi to head Skill Dev Authority 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 55 industry proposals cleared via SLSWCA 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
24 Apr 2016 | Rup Narayan Das
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar’s recent visit to China assumes immense significance in light of the long-standing complex relationship and the security dilemma that exists between the two countries. Political interaction at the higher level is always conducive for strategic trust and communication China is India’s largest neighbour and the two countries share a land border of 3,488 km, which is undemarcated and is known as the Line of Actual Control (LAC)...
While customs and rituals should change in accordance with time, those having faith in the religion should be the ones who decide the matter.
Working with Salman was surreal. I learnt so much by just observing him. He has no starry attitude, he lets his guard down and is playful.
While Islamabad has repeatedly urged Delhi to resume the comprehensive peace process, India has instead signalled it is only interested in talking about terrorism.