- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
- One person killed in explosion in north Delhi's Naya Bazar area.
- Embraer to pay $205 mn to settle graft charges in India, 3 other countries
- Tata Group stocks trip up to 4% after Cyrus Mistry ouster
- Everything is fine in Samajwadi Party: Shivpal Singh Yadav
- 'Pakistan will attend Heart of Asia conference in India'
- Over 60 cadets killed in Quetta police college attack
In an effort to make the twin cities of Bhubaneswar and Cuttack free of criminal elements, Commissioner of Police Yogesh Bahadur Khurania has directed the Inspectors-in Charge (IICs) of all the 20 police station of the Bhubaneswar urban police district to prepare criminals’ lists at the earliest.
Khurania has directed the IICs to start preparing lists of criminals of their respective jurisdictions for their early arrest. Meanwhile, sources said the Commissionerate Police has decided to form a Quick Action Team (QAT) with a focus on dealing with crimes in Bhubaneswar-Cuttack exclusively. Eleven capable police officers with good track records would be parts of the team.
Senior officials would be designated to pass on secret information, informed Khurania.
Meanwhile, the Kharvela Nagar police arrested one Lalu Biswal in connection with the firing incident in Press Colony area on Sunday night.
Two persons were injured in a firing incident at Press Colony. Lalu and his associates came on a motorbike and fired six rounds, injuring a chicken counter owner Kamalakanta Mohanty and his friend Madhusudan Nayak. After firing the accused fled from the spot.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Will not form a new party: CM 25 Oct 2016 | pns | in Lucknow
- Not possible to leave Amar Singh and Shivpal: Mulayam 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Triple talaq system ruined life of Muslim women: PM 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Modi’s rally a flop show claims Mayawati 25 Oct 2016 | pns | in Lucknow
- 4,000 doc posts vacant in Govt college hospitals 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Jail staffs launch fast, demand pay hike 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Am pained over contrasting statements, actions taken to save Jagamohan’ 25 Oct 2016 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
- Centre presses Odisha to have DBT Cell soonest 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3.24L Govt employees’ database online now 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- MoU with Adani: KISS-Mayurbhanj in offing 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
Let Netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav) install a Chief Minister who he feels is honest. Why should I form a new party? Who is forming a new party?
I wish Padmavati had come came to me five-six years ago; I would have done it. I am happy it has come to me today.
Donald Trump may not be politically correct but he understands what radical Islam is doing to this world.