- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
In an effort to make the twin cities of Bhubaneswar and Cuttack free of criminal elements, Commissioner of Police Yogesh Bahadur Khurania has directed the Inspectors-in Charge (IICs) of all the 20 police station of the Bhubaneswar urban police district to prepare criminals’ lists at the earliest.
Khurania has directed the IICs to start preparing lists of criminals of their respective jurisdictions for their early arrest. Meanwhile, sources said the Commissionerate Police has decided to form a Quick Action Team (QAT) with a focus on dealing with crimes in Bhubaneswar-Cuttack exclusively. Eleven capable police officers with good track records would be parts of the team.
Senior officials would be designated to pass on secret information, informed Khurania.
Meanwhile, the Kharvela Nagar police arrested one Lalu Biswal in connection with the firing incident in Press Colony area on Sunday night.
Two persons were injured in a firing incident at Press Colony. Lalu and his associates came on a motorbike and fired six rounds, injuring a chicken counter owner Kamalakanta Mohanty and his friend Madhusudan Nayak. After firing the accused fled from the spot.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Stop promoting ‘donkeys of Gujrat’ appeals CM 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Campaigning for forth phase of UP polls ends today 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Political conspiracy to tarnish his image says Prajapati on rape charges 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM openly supporting criminals, rapists: Pathak 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- People will give befitting reply to ‘political terrorism’: Rajendra Chaudhaury 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- IF elected BJP will expedite construction of Ram Temple: Katiyar 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- After three phases of UP polls, it is clear BJP will form Govt: Javedkar 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PM polarizing polls on communal lines: Congress 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP seeks judicial probe into poll code violation 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Re-poll at Athagarh booths demanded 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
In the case of both nations, India and Afghanistan, cross-border terrorism is originating from Pakistan which is also patronising it.
I have said goodbye to international cricket. I have played with seriousness and in a professional way for my country.
All of us in America have generally paid for our gas and oil all along. We're not in Iraq to seize anybody's oil or gas.