- No evidence of killing of 39 Indians: Sushma Swaraj
- 'US should help build Indian Navy to force China back down'
- Will strike 'heart of US' if Kim regime threatened: Pyongyang
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: PM remembers bravery of armed forces
- Separatist leader Shabir Shah arrested in Srinagar
- Kohli wins toss, opts to bat against Sri Lanka in 1st Test
- Ghatkopar building collapse: toll 17; Sena worker arrested
In an effort to make the twin cities of Bhubaneswar and Cuttack free of criminal elements, Commissioner of Police Yogesh Bahadur Khurania has directed the Inspectors-in Charge (IICs) of all the 20 police station of the Bhubaneswar urban police district to prepare criminals’ lists at the earliest.
Khurania has directed the IICs to start preparing lists of criminals of their respective jurisdictions for their early arrest. Meanwhile, sources said the Commissionerate Police has decided to form a Quick Action Team (QAT) with a focus on dealing with crimes in Bhubaneswar-Cuttack exclusively. Eleven capable police officers with good track records would be parts of the team.
Senior officials would be designated to pass on secret information, informed Khurania.
Meanwhile, the Kharvela Nagar police arrested one Lalu Biswal in connection with the firing incident in Press Colony area on Sunday night.
Two persons were injured in a firing incident at Press Colony. Lalu and his associates came on a motorbike and fired six rounds, injuring a chicken counter owner Kamalakanta Mohanty and his friend Madhusudan Nayak. After firing the accused fled from the spot.
- Ex CM takes a jibe at Chitnis for not withstanding promise made in assembly 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Surevin BPO launches IPO 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Committee to prevent mishaps being made 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MP House passes Suppl Budget by voice vote 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM accords special focus to agriculture, edu, water, security 26 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Heavy rainfall brings inconvenience to residents of low-lying areas 26 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Approaching Raksha Bandhan adds flavour to Saavan fair 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MCI debars Subharati Medical College from MBBS admissions 26 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Pivotal role for Parvarish students in ‚ÄėManliest Man‚Äô 26 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Forest department initiates action against Goonch killers 26 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun