- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
In an effort to make the twin cities of Bhubaneswar and Cuttack free of criminal elements, Commissioner of Police Yogesh Bahadur Khurania has directed the Inspectors-in Charge (IICs) of all the 20 police station of the Bhubaneswar urban police district to prepare criminals’ lists at the earliest.
Khurania has directed the IICs to start preparing lists of criminals of their respective jurisdictions for their early arrest. Meanwhile, sources said the Commissionerate Police has decided to form a Quick Action Team (QAT) with a focus on dealing with crimes in Bhubaneswar-Cuttack exclusively. Eleven capable police officers with good track records would be parts of the team.
Senior officials would be designated to pass on secret information, informed Khurania.
Meanwhile, the Kharvela Nagar police arrested one Lalu Biswal in connection with the firing incident in Press Colony area on Sunday night.
Two persons were injured in a firing incident at Press Colony. Lalu and his associates came on a motorbike and fired six rounds, injuring a chicken counter owner Kamalakanta Mohanty and his friend Madhusudan Nayak. After firing the accused fled from the spot.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Samajwadi Party, Congress announces alliance for UP Assembly polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh releases party manifesto for UP Polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP manifesto release: Mulayam, Shivpal skips event 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati attacks Akhilesh on SP election manifesto 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP election manifesto is a bundle of lies: Maurya 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP releases list of 155 candidates for UP Polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- RLD releases third list of candidates for UP polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP releases list of 77 candidates for UP polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Centre seeks Odisha support 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Talks on electro homoeopathy held 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
22 Jan 2017 | Amina Yaqin
In a country where women have been the subject of legislation to prove the state’s Islamic credentials, where tradition jostles with modernity, and the discourse of power prevails over social injustice, romantic melodrama has time and again proven to be a bestseller. It captures the imagination of the nation with its dreams of heroism, aspirational struggles, the fight between good and evil, the dashing hero and the damsel in distress 2011...
I don't think I can return home without risks. There will not be a time for that. I'll have to take the risk.
It's paradoxical to see those aiding extinction of native breeds talk about cruelty to animals in the bull-taming sport.
I have taken him (Ambika Chaudhary) in BSP. He will be given full respect, much more than he was getting in the Samajwadi Party.