1,338 pregnant women die in 5 yrs
As many as 1,338 pregnant women died during treatment and delivery in various hospitals during the last five years in the State.
Health and Family Welfare Miniser Pradip Kumar Amat informed this in the State Assembly in response to a question of Congress MLA Chandra Sekhar Majhi on Monday.
While 500 women died during delivery, 838 others died while undergoing treatment during the period, according to the information.
The numbers of women died during delivery are 168 in 2012-13, 85 in 2013-14, 77 in 2014-15, 90 in 2015-16 and 80 in 2016-17. Similarly, 237 women died during treatment in 2012-13, 161 in 2013-14, 176 in 2014-15 and 132 died each in 2015-16 and 2016-17.
In a question of Congress MLA Bhujabal Majhi, the Minister told the House that total of 1,34,244 infants have died during the period from 2009-10 to December 2016.
- Modi visits J'khand today, to review aspirational districts' dev 25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- HP suspends 5 officials, including IPS officer for Kasauli incident 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt issues advisory on Nipah virus 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hemkund Sahib Yatra: An Exhilarating Spiritual experience 25 May 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Punjab imposes Rs 5 cr fine on erring mill 25 May 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Guv‚Äôs Cup Golf tournament to begin today 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt schools to pay domestic rates of power 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One accused of killing leopard cub arrested 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates modern lab complex at GGIC 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sanitation, employment and education are missions for Govt: Madan Kaushik 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun