1,338 pregnant women die in 5 yrs
As many as 1,338 pregnant women died during treatment and delivery in various hospitals during the last five years in the State.
Health and Family Welfare Miniser Pradip Kumar Amat informed this in the State Assembly in response to a question of Congress MLA Chandra Sekhar Majhi on Monday.
While 500 women died during delivery, 838 others died while undergoing treatment during the period, according to the information.
The numbers of women died during delivery are 168 in 2012-13, 85 in 2013-14, 77 in 2014-15, 90 in 2015-16 and 80 in 2016-17. Similarly, 237 women died during treatment in 2012-13, 161 in 2013-14, 176 in 2014-15 and 132 died each in 2015-16 and 2016-17.
In a question of Congress MLA Bhujabal Majhi, the Minister told the House that total of 1,34,244 infants have died during the period from 2009-10 to December 2016.
- 14 minor bridges proposed over Mandirhasaud-Kendri rly line 25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to fulfil PM’s ‘Smart City’ dream: Amar 25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Summer camp of Mount Fort Academy draws good response 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doon police chalks out traffic plan ahead of Passing- out- Parade at IMA on May 26 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Officers inspect arrangements made for pilgrimage at Rishikesh 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PM inquires about status of Deoband-Roorkee rail project 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cesu manager’s assets worth Rs 1.2 crore traced 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Baleswar DM takes stock of flood preparedness 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Vig holds meet on investigation for officers 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Two held; bikes, bombs seized 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar