- Yogi unveils booklet on achievements; promises development
- No discussion on H-1B during Modi-Trump meeting
- SC refuses interim order agst Centre's notification on Aadhaar
- China accuses Indian troops of 'crossing boundary' in Sikkim section
- India, US to cooperate against JeM, LeT; ask Pak to rein in terror groups
- With hugs and praise, Modi and Trump strike rapport
1,338 pregnant women die in 5 yrs
As many as 1,338 pregnant women died during treatment and delivery in various hospitals during the last five years in the State.
Health and Family Welfare Miniser Pradip Kumar Amat informed this in the State Assembly in response to a question of Congress MLA Chandra Sekhar Majhi on Monday.
While 500 women died during delivery, 838 others died while undergoing treatment during the period, according to the information.
The numbers of women died during delivery are 168 in 2012-13, 85 in 2013-14, 77 in 2014-15, 90 in 2015-16 and 80 in 2016-17. Similarly, 237 women died during treatment in 2012-13, 161 in 2013-14, 176 in 2014-15 and 132 died each in 2015-16 and 2016-17.
In a question of Congress MLA Bhujabal Majhi, the Minister told the House that total of 1,34,244 infants have died during the period from 2009-10 to December 2016.
- Police conducts mapping of incidents to bust snatching gangs 27 Jun 2017 | MUKESH RANJANA | in Ranchi
- Ill-maintained school buses under Admin radar 27 Jun 2017 | PRAGYAPALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Inbrief. 27 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Traders in a ‘wait and watch’ over GST 27 Jun 2017 | SANJEEV JHA | in Ranchi
- Police to attach properties of absconding accused 27 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- JGLS graduates in leading law firms 27 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- BJP MP dubs small ‘dovas’ as death wells 27 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Hindi play ‘Raakh Se Uda Panchi’ showcased at Shaheed Bhavan 27 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- What Ministers forget is more important, quips Roy 27 Jun 2017 | SANTOSH NARAYAN | in Ranchi
- Theatre buffs enjoy ‘Khubsurat Bahu’ at Antarang Hall 27 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal