1,338 pregnant women die in 5 yrs
As many as 1,338 pregnant women died during treatment and delivery in various hospitals during the last five years in the State.
Health and Family Welfare Miniser Pradip Kumar Amat informed this in the State Assembly in response to a question of Congress MLA Chandra Sekhar Majhi on Monday.
While 500 women died during delivery, 838 others died while undergoing treatment during the period, according to the information.
The numbers of women died during delivery are 168 in 2012-13, 85 in 2013-14, 77 in 2014-15, 90 in 2015-16 and 80 in 2016-17. Similarly, 237 women died during treatment in 2012-13, 161 in 2013-14, 176 in 2014-15 and 132 died each in 2015-16 and 2016-17.
In a question of Congress MLA Bhujabal Majhi, the Minister told the House that total of 1,34,244 infants have died during the period from 2009-10 to December 2016.
- 17-yr-old delivers child on road 23 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Centre acts fast to finish North Koel project 23 Aug 2017 | SANTOSH NARAYAN | in Ranchi
- Traffic police issues 1,236 commuters e-challan 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Operation to shift hawkers from Hazira Square starts 23 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 86.18 lakh soil health cards distributed 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Vacant posts of Tahsildars to be filled on contractual basis 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Satpal Maharaj visits IISWC 23 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- House of NGO manager at Sarvajan Colony burgled 23 Aug 2017 | SR | in Bhopal
- Delegation of differently-abled people meets BJP State president 23 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Teacher‚Äôs training prog held for science teachers of MP Govt schools 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal