- State Editions ˅
- Cover Story
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
1,338 pregnant women die in 5 yrs
As many as 1,338 pregnant women died during treatment and delivery in various hospitals during the last five years in the State.
Health and Family Welfare Miniser Pradip Kumar Amat informed this in the State Assembly in response to a question of Congress MLA Chandra Sekhar Majhi on Monday.
While 500 women died during delivery, 838 others died while undergoing treatment during the period, according to the information.
The numbers of women died during delivery are 168 in 2012-13, 85 in 2013-14, 77 in 2014-15, 90 in 2015-16 and 80 in 2016-17. Similarly, 237 women died during treatment in 2012-13, 161 in 2013-14, 176 in 2014-15 and 132 died each in 2015-16 and 2016-17.
In a question of Congress MLA Bhujabal Majhi, the Minister told the House that total of 1,34,244 infants have died during the period from 2009-10 to December 2016.
- New Government targeting officials of particular caste: Akhilesh 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State Govt suspends Himanshu Kumar 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State gears up for another poll 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP Govt to construct Kailash Mansarovar Bhawan 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP nat’l executive meet in city on April 15 and 16 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Pradhan wants State to hold talks on IOCL VAT row 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nuapada HIV+ women denied hosp delivery 26 Mar 2017 | AJIT PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Odia Week to be held from Odia New Yr 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- PPT’s cleaning drive enters day 10 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Talsara MLA aide alleges attempted murder 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar