1,792 kids reported missing in 2016
A total of 1,792 children were missing and kidnapped under the all 36 police district in the State during the year 2016, and of them, 1008 were traced and the rest 784 are still to be found. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik informed this in the State Assembly in response to a question of BJP MLA Pradeep Purohit in the State Assembly on Monday.
The Chief Minister informed that 1,658 cases were registered against the 1,792 complaints received at various stations in the year. The missing figures during the preceding years from 2012 to 2015 stood at 3,511, 2,747, 1068 and 1,788 respectively. The untraced numbers were 121,281 393 and 447 respectively, according to the information.
- Rape victim commits suicide 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Modi‚Äôs visit: SPG IG inspects academy, ground 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- No school building despite funds in B‚Äôngir 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Stir in JSpur after thief escapes cops' custody 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NDRF holds mock drill at Pokhariput DAV 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sister Cities ties between Cupertino, Bhubaneswar 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- RCR Mirror Gallery: Magic to puzzle visitors 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man pushed off moving train by transgenders 24 Oct 2017 | DINESH DAS | in Bhubaneswar
- Workshop begins at IIP 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest 3 thieves stealing batteries 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun