Pradhan welcomes Jain preacher
Bhubaneswar: Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan welcomed Jain Apostle Acharya Mahashraman’s Ahimsa Yatra, which has been started in 2014 from New Delhi, here on Saturday. Pradhan said Mahashraman has taken out the Patha Yatra to spread the message of peace, fellow-feeling and nonviolence in the country. His visit to Odisha would provide moral power to the people, he added.
MCL-supported ‘Sambalpur Itihaas’ released
Sambalpur: MCL CMD AK Jha on Saturday released the first Odia print of “Sambalpur Itihaas”, a comprehensive volume on the history of Sambalpur from 200 AD to modern days. Sambalpur Press Club president Deepak Panda has authored the book with support of the MCL. The book has rare references such as pertaining to the mutiny of Veer Surendra Sai and others, diamond mines of Sambalpur, important letters written between top government officials and instrument of accession of Princely States, letters from Gandhiji and Fraser and reports on Sambalpur British Imperialism. The book also speaks about Iskander Mirza, the first President of Pakistan, who was Political Agent for the Britishers in Sambalpur.
‘When I am 64’ competitions held
Bhubaneswar: The HelpAge India organised State-level competitions titled ‘When I am 64’ to spread awareness and sensitisation among school children towards senior citizens here recently. Sana Afrin of DAV Unit-8, Bhubaneswar, D Ashish Kumar of Binod Bihari High School, Jajpur and Bandita Mahanta of DPS, Nalco Nagar, Angul were the winner in English essay, Odia essay and drawing respectively. Students from 19 districts participated in the contest. Children were given topics escalating their imagination putting themselves at the age of 64 and think what the life would be and what they can do for society at 64.
Karisma launches Mohey store in city
Bhubaneswar: Bollywood actor Karisma Kapoor visited the city on Saturday and inaugurated the Mohey’s first store at Saheed Nagar here. “Mohey brings a wonderful design sensibility, traditional yet young, classy yet vibrant. I truly, relate to its attitude. I know I am going to pick several pieces myself,” said Karisma.
KTM holds stunt show in Balugaon
Balugaon: The KTM, European Racing Legend, conducted a breathtaking KTM stunt show here to showcase the mind-blowing stunt rides and tricks from the professional stunt riders. The professional stunt team demonstrated the stunts on the KTM Duke bikes. The event was open to all and the spectacular stunts took the town by storm. Till now, such stunt shows have been organised at many other cities in country including Bhubaneswar and Brahmapur.
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun