- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
JSpur man held for hurling acid at mom-in-law
Jagatsinghpur: The Tirtol police arrested a man for allegedly throwing acid on his mother-in-law and 14-year-old daughter in Bhaliapatana village four days ago. The arrested, Manas Ranjan Swain, had been absconding from the village after committing the crime. The police arrested him on the complaint of victim Shantilata Samal. The accused is now being interrogated and would be forwarded to court soon, said IIC Balaram Nayak.
Fugitive burglar held in JSpur
Jagatsinghpur: Police on Monday arrested a thief who had fled from police custody five months ago. Mohammad Imran, a resident of Balarampur village under Kujanga block, had allegedly committed burglary at Hata Bazar here on October 17, 2017. He was nabbed and brought to the College Chhak outpost but he managed to give a slip to police. His arrest was confirmed by Jagatsinghpur headquarters police station IIC Rajani Kanta Mishra.
Doc convicted for taking bribe in K’mal
Phulbani: Kandhamal Vigilance Judge Biranchi Narayan Mishra on Tuesday convicted Dr Prasanna Kumar Mishra and MPW Biramitra Mallick for demanding and accepting bribe of Rs 1,000. Accused Mishra had taken the bribe from complainant Pradip Kumar’s wife to process the pension paper through Mallick.
Kandhamal man gets lifer for killing aunt
Phulbani: District Judge Janab Mohammad Azmal on Tuesday sentenced to life imprisonment one Lalchi Sahu of Gochapada village in Khandhamal district for killing his aunt Chanchala Sahu for stealing maize on October 10, 2016. Chanchala’s husband Bhisma Sahu had lodged a police complaint in the matter. He and his daughter, who were eyewitness in the case, had deposed in court. PP Vishnu Prasad Mahapatra conducted the case.
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 3 killed, 2 injured in road mishap 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 900 villages get wi-fi: IT Dept 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 arrested in gangrape case 23 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Woman who accused cop of destroying her married life commits suicide 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Need to continuously adapt to evolving technology: Aman 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Veteran leader Bagun Sumbrui passes away 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM for easy loans to marginalised sections 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi