3 modern facilities opened at Capital Hospital
Three modern healthcare facilities, Comprehensive Skill Lab, Family-Centred Care Unit (FCC) in the SNCU, Paediatrics Emergency Triage Assessment and Treatment (ETAT) unit, were opened at the Capital Hospital here on Monday.
Ambassador of Norway to India Nils Ragnar Kamsvag and Health Minister Pradip Amat inaugurated the facilities. The initiatives were opened at the hospital in partnership with the Norway Government.
The Norway-India Partnership Initiative (NIPI) was started in 2007 in Sambalpur, Angul and Jharsuguda as pilot districts for innovation.
The Comprehensive Skill Lab at the Capital Hospital is the second lab in the State after the College of Nursing, Brahmapur. The lab comprises skill stations where the trainees learn through practising skills on mannequins, simulation exercises, demonstration videos and presentations.
The Paediatric Emergency Triaging and Treatment (ETAT) unit has essential intervention for saving lives of paediatric emergency cases. Paediatric emergencies need to be attended immediately at the facilities so that the crucial time for intervention is not lost. State Government with technical guidance of NIPI has decided to implement ETAT in the district hospitals in a phased manner.
The Family-Centred Care (FCC) at the hospital’s SNCU is a facility for empowering mothers of newborns on kangaroo mother care and home care of newborns after discharge. FCC envisages partnering of mothers with health service providers in the SNCU.
This low-cost intervention has a vision to partner the community and mothers with healthcare providers. This has been adopted by all the SNCUs in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar and Odisha.
- Rape victim commits suicide 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Modi‚Äôs visit: SPG IG inspects academy, ground 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- No school building despite funds in B‚Äôngir 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Stir in JSpur after thief escapes cops' custody 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NDRF holds mock drill at Pokhariput DAV 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sister Cities ties between Cupertino, Bhubaneswar 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- RCR Mirror Gallery: Magic to puzzle visitors 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man pushed off moving train by transgenders 24 Oct 2017 | DINESH DAS | in Bhubaneswar
- Workshop begins at IIP 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest 3 thieves stealing batteries 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun