43 child labourers rescued in Ganjam
The Ganjam police on Saturday rescued 43 children from various places in the district as part of the operation Muskan, a special operation launched to rescue the State’s missing kids.
Police officials rescued child labourers from Khallikote, Chhatrapur, Hinjilikatu, Buguda, Rambha and Chamakandi, who were working in brick kilns, eateries, garages, hotels and garment shops.
The rescued children were aged between 10 and 15 years and have been sent to Childline, officials said.
Childline director Sudhir Sabat said, “While four children have been handed over to their parents, the rest will be handed to the Child Welfare Committee (CWC) after counseling them.”
The parents of the rescued children have also been intimated and steps would be taken to rehabilitate them, Sabat added.
The rescued children said they have interest for studies but financial problems of their families forced them to work.
- Crorepati bank assistant in Vig net 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Six-month old elephant calf dies in pond 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CSIR-IIP marks 59th Foundation Day 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Lok Adalat settles 356 cases in B‚Äôpur 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 1902 jail to turn into museum 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Pedestrians pose hindrance to traffic here 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Rourkela tagged under UDAN scheme 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Paramour behind murder of Neha Yadav 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Handloom saree drive in city a big draw 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- IISWC pen-down, tool down strike continues 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun