- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
5,000 km PMGSY roads to be completed in 2013-14 FY
During the 2013-14 financial year, 5,000 km rural roads are programmed for completion under the Prime Minister Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).
According to Rural Development Minister Bikram Keshari Arukh, an estimated Rs2,000 crore has been earmarked for rural connectivity under the PMGSY, a 100 per cent Centre-funded programme. Last year, he said 3,000 km rural roads were targeted for completion under the scheme.
He also said that there was a target to complete 225 rural buildings and take up 1,766 new buildings for hospital during 2013-14.
Arukh said that as per the new guidelines of the Union Government, it was programmed to undertake road connectivity in the villages having population over 250 in 18 IAP districts under the PMGSY. In the 12 non-IAP districts, all-weather road connectivity would be constructed in the villages having population over 500. However, in the scheduled areas, road connectivity would be provided in the villages with more than 250 population, he informed.
The Rural Development Minister said since the implementation of the PMGSY in December 2000 till February 2013, the Centre had sanctioned Rs15,360 crore for completion of 10,518 rural roads covering 41,260 km.
By end of February last, the State Government had completed 6,775 rural roads covering 25, 041 km by the utilising Rs9,518 crore out of the Rs9,621 crore available Central funds, he said.
Stating that around 98.85 per cent of the total released funds have been utilised for rural connectivity under the PMGSY, Arukh said that during the financial year 2012-13 till end of February, the Rural Development Department had completed 1,961 km road by spending Rs986 crore.
Pointing out that the State Government is implementing different schemes for providing better road connectivity and institutional support in rural areas, Arukh said that under the Biju Setu Yojana (BSY) alone, 600 new bridges have been programmed for construction over a period of next three years.
It has been decided to include 200 more rural bridges under the BSY during 2013-14 at an estimated cost of Rs150 crore. Besides, he said an amount of Rs240 crore has been provided towards State share of Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Scheme (RWSSS) for completion of 1,200 rural piped water projects and installation of 35, 000 spot sources, including tube wells and sanitary wells during the current financial year.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Raj Babbar lashes out at PM Narendra Modi 26 Oct 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh appeals PM to increase kerosene share for UP 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Family, Samajwadi Party united says MSY; refuses rift within party 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati slams RSS and PM 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Do not blame BJP for SP”s family fued: Manoj Sinha 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ram Gopal likely to be replaced by Beni Prasad Verma 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Less chances for re-instate of sacked ministers 26 Oct 2016 | VN Bhatt | in Lucknow
- Robust strategy to be in place, says CEC 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Diwali bonanza: Punjab ok’s regularisation of 30K staff 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- SAD asks Kejriwal to explain why he took Cong help to form Govt in Delhi 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
When the issue of five crore rupees came up, I intervened and told the film producers' guild that they don't have to agree to it.
I have an iPhone, but it's like one you give your two-year-old, where it pretends to press things, but nothing happens.
Akhilesh Yadav has been misguided by Azam Khan. He should understand Khan's design and mend fences with his father.