- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
AT fraud furore in JSpur: Hundreds lodge complaints
Hundreds of investors, including agents and field staff of Artha Tatwa (AT) Group here on Tuesday lodged complaints with police on financial fraud by the firm. They cited the company had cheated them of Rs25 crore.
The angry depositors submitted a memorandum before the district superintendent of police (SP) seeking his help, who after receiving the complaints, forwarded them to the Crime Branch’s Economic Offences Wing [EOW] for a probe.
Reports said that the AT Group had instituted four branches in Jagatsinghpur, Paradip, Rahama and Kujanga in 2009 and floated three money gain schemes as recurring deposit, fixed deposit and monthly income source and had promised hefty returns to the investors. Many unemployed youth had been lured to work in the company with an assured monthly commission.
The investors and agents alleged that the company collected more than Rs25 crore from Jagatsinghpur branch during past four years. About 400 agents and staff of the company had collected the money from the gullible depositors, while four months back, on an instruction from the company’s head office to halt collection, the regional offices of AT Group were found locked. The company officials also went underground to evade any queries, informed agent Akhila Kumar Lenka.
A few company agents also alleged that they were not being paid for last five months. “We did not receive our salary and commission. Investors are venting their ire against us as we collected money from them,” said Akhila Lenka.
Meanwhile, branch head Prashant Swain and Manoj Kumar Patnaik, who was instrumental in starting AT Group’s business in Jagatsinghpur have been absconding for past three months.
Meanwhile, reports said that many depositors and agents lodged an FIR in Kujanga police station on Monday on the same count citing a fraud of Rs21 crore from Kujanga branch.
SP SB Bhoi confirmed receiving complaints from the depositors and agents against the dubious company and said the case has been referred to the Crime Branch’s EOW, which is investigating the alleged fraud across the State by various firms.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Survey exposes poor state of farmers in State 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- weekly roundups 25 Jul 2016 | BAIDYANATH MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- Maoists call Kandhamal, R’gada bandh today 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3 new battalions to tackle Maoists 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NCST report on K’mal killings 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Centre asks for non-coal mining pollution report 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- OSPCB slaps closure notice on 10 Puri hotels 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NHRC directs personal appearance of Health Secy 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 BJP leaders ousted from city unit 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Dengue toll rises to five in State 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
aThe Modi Government is not concerned about the people of Kashmir as he was not present either in the Lok Sabha or the Rajya Sabha when the issue was discussed.
I just enjoy what I do, I don't really strive for perfection, I don't feel pressurised by the competition.
In preventive diplomacy and resolution of conflict, the UN’s role is to put people together. Hopefully, we will resolve this (Kashmir) conflict.