- Office of profit: Prez OKs disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs
- Develop a US-style online platform to sell bad loans: Acharya
- WEF preps for Modi mantra with tastes of India, twists of yoga
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy over cross-border firing
- No one can touch a woman without her consent: Delhi court
- No fresh firing by Pakistan along LoC, IB overnight
- UNSC sanctions monitoring team to visit Pak this week
- Bawana fire: Police nabbed factory owner
Baba Balia to donate ashram assets to Govt
The Baba Balia Trust founder, spiritual guru and preacher Baba Balia has decided to donate all his movable and immovable properties to the Odisha Government.
Revealing his future plan at a Press conference held in ashram premises in Arilo under Tirtol block, the Baba said he has been sickened by the increasing number of cases of exploitation by fake Babas in the country, defaming the Hindu religion.
“Few religious pundits, who have been actually working for the protection of religion, have come under people’s censorship. As a result, religious faith among people has declined. So I have decided to leave the ashrama after donating its properties to the Government,” said Balia.
Balia, however, said he has no plan to quit social service. “I will continue to work for environment protection, gender equality, organ donation and fight against social evils, protection of Odia art and culture,” he said. The Baba also pledged to donate his valuable body organs after death.
Criticizing Minister Maheswar Mohanty’s media remarks against Baba culture, Balia said viewing all Babas on same standards is not good. He said a few Ministers too are corrupt, though not all.
Balia told that he is an adherent of Mahatma Gandhi’s and Anna Hazare’s ideologies.
Reports said that the Baba Balia Trust has been operating in Jagatsinghpur and Kendrapada districts over past few decades.
Other than religious preaching and activities, Baba Balia has been concentrating in social and cultural sectors like development of Odia art, culture, literature, dance, music, folk songs etc.
A few years back, Baba Balia had organised ‘Ganatantra Gyana Yagna’ in his ashram premises for strengthening democracy in country. Many prominent leaders cutting across party affiliation, including the then Chief Minister late Janaki Ballhav Patnaik, had joined the three-day event.
- Street play on gender equality staged 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM sends Rs 35.22 cr with a click 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- AIIMS observes fourth foundation day 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- BJP, Cong neck and neck in MP civic poll results 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Public lecture on Master of the Roster to be held at Vivekananda Library today 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ‚ÄėNCERT Quiz‚Äô to be held today at Central Library 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Underground parking in Nagar Zone to be opened for traders 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Ensure reconstruction of bad roads, pipelines: CM 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Observer submits report on Baijayant to Naveen 21 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJD sweeps ULB, GP by-elections 21 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar