- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
BJP dares Dama to name BJD’s ‘Ravana’
BJP State vice-president Sameer Mohanty on Thursday called upon Minister Damodar Rout to clarify as to who is the ‘Ravana’ in his party in the wake of his statement that some ‘Bibhisans’ (of the BJD) indulged in anti-party activities by treating Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan as ‘Ram’ and causing election losses to the ruling party.
“I am thankful to Minister Rout for terming Union Minister Pradhan as Ram. If some Bibhisans of the BJD are supporting ‘Ram’ then Rout should clarify who is the Ravana in his party,” demanded Mohanty.
Talking to reporters, Mohanty said Rout has agreed to the BJP’s allegation that some officers from the ‘Third Floor’ (Chief Minister’s Office) are operating on behalf of the BJD and engaging district Collectors as “district presidents” and SPs as “district general secretaries” of the ruling party in the elections.
“Rout has blamed senior bureaucrats for the BJD’s loss in the ongoing GP polls. We have received allegations that officers like Kartikeyan Pandian, Pradipta Mohapatra, Dr Gopabandhu Dash and Suranjan Satpathy are operating as BJD representatives from the Third Floor. The Minister should also name the officers for whom the BJD is suffering losses,” demanded Mohanty.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Mr and Mrs Anurag Thakur claimed to be giving `court arrest’ 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Azam Khan had narrow escape ; Chopper makes emergency landing 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP and BSP both protected each other on corruption issues: BJP 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM dares PM to join debate on development issue 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Fifth phase of elections a litmus test for SP-Congress alliance 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Centre not interested in giving SC status to 17 backward caste : Naresh Uttam 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PM having no concern for Indians living abroad : Mayawati 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maharashtra election reveals people want to get rid of corruption : PM 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Stakeholders discuss new City Sanitation Plan 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Demand for Sambalpur HC Bench reiterated 25 Feb 2017 | NIMAI CHARAN SAHU | in Bhubaneswar
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
My visit to Rwanda and Uganda was a conscious effort by the Indian Government to intensify interactions with Africa.
Media and social media have done best for small films... Creating buzz about the film without (we) having to invest.
We will hunt down and destroy the Islamic State at its source so that it can no longer threaten our nation or our families.