BJP holds demo before DM, Sub-Collector offices
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday lodged complaints at different police stations of the State over the missing Ratna Bhandar keys of the Puri Jagannath Temple.
Saffron party leaders and activists also demonstrated in front of the Collector and Sub-Collector offices in Khordha, Bhubaneswar, Jagatsinghpur, Jajpur, Dhenkanal, Baleswar, Balangir, Koraput, Talcher and Kuchinda and submitted memorandums addressed to the Governor.
The party activists claimed that the key missing episode has hurt the sentiments of crores of devotees of Lord Jagannath. But the State Government, instead of nabbing the culprits, ordered a judicial probe into the issue to divert the people’s attention and to buy time.
Puri BJD MP Pinaki Misra’s statement that the key missing is a common matter is highly condemnable. The Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA), the Puri district Collector and the Chief Minister have hatched a criminal conspiracy to hush up the matter, the BJP activists alleged.
They further said the BJP would hold agitations for a week and hold Janjgaran programmes to sensitise the people about it. The people of the State have voluntarily participated in the BJP agitation and have criticised the apathetic attitude of the State Government, they further said.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun