- Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav, files mercy petition with Pakistan Army chief: ISPR
- Indian IT not H-1B dependent, says Infosys CEO
- Opposition parties to meet over Presidential election
- Those who celebrated Pak's win should go and live there: Rizvi
- 3 LeT militants gunned down in Pulwama
- Pak to review 'lenient' visa policy for Chinese citizens
BJP holds silent protests across State
BJP leaders and activists organised silent demonstrations at all district headquarters, municipalities and NACs across the State in protest against the recent egg attacks on Union Ministers Jual Oram and Radha Mohan Singh.
Party activists led by Ganjam district president Kanhu Charan Pati sat on a dharna at Gaadhinagar Square in Brahmapur.
Among others, party’s Brahmapur Mandal president Prafulla Kumar Panigrhai, Prabhat Sarangi, vice-president Prabir Patro, Satya Bastia and Krushna Sahu were present. Alleging that BJD leaders used Congress workers for pelting eggs at Oram, they demanded actions against the culprits.
They said the BJP would continue to fight for protection of Odia people’s rights.
Similarly, leaders and workers of the party’s Koraput district unit observed a silent demonstration at Jeypore by covering their faces with black clothes and demanded arrest of all those involved in egg pelting at Union Ministers. They alleged that the State Government has even failed to provide protection to common people.
Jeypore town president Amar Lal Ahuja, State executive member Devendra Bahinipati, Baidyanath Mishra and Lakshmi Narayan Ladhi sat on the dharna, among others.
In Balangir, party activists led by district president Rakesh Mishra and Bhakta Bandhu Nayak staged such a protest at the district Collector’s office.
Kandhamal BJP leaders and workers too condemned attacks on the Union Ministers by the BJD. They staged a demonstration at the Collectorate at Phulbani.
Among others, district president Lingaraj Dalabehera, secretary Bhagaban Mahanty, Satya Narayan Behera and Kamala Kant Pandey sat on the dharna. .
At all the places, party activists too condemned the gangrape incident of Dhenkanal district’s Kankadahada block.
- Bhopalites to witness Aradhna today 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Painting exhibition begins at Bharat Bhavan 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Use of bio-resources to be regulated soon 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Double murder case: Main accused held 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Will purchase all farm produce, assures CM 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- College students perform asanas on Yoga Day 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- World Yoga Day celebrated across institutions 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- President to visit Doon in July 22 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Muslim minors held for shouting pro-Pak slogans in Uttarakhand 22 Jun 2017 | PTI | in Dehradun
- Two woman Maoists gunned down in encounter with police 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur