- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
BMC to facilitate jobs for skilled people
The Brahmapur Municipal Corporation (BMC) would facilitate jobs for skilled people in both the unorganised and organised sectors through the City Livelihood Centre (CLC), to be implemented under the National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM).
The BMC has installed toll-free numbers for the purpose. Skilled persons like plumbers, masons, nurses, domestic helps, midwives, cooks, sweepers, painters, tailors, make-up persons, drivers, washer men, electricians and data entry operators can register their names with toll-free number 180023452297.
Service receivers and service providers can also use this number to register for requirement of manpower. The BMC would send the skilled people to their firms.
“The service will help the unemployed people, who are searching for jobs and go to other States in search of work, get employment,” said Deputy Commissioner Sourindra Kumar Routray.
BMC Commissioner Nikhil Pavan Kalyan said the CLC would provide services to the people in 16 sectors. The number of the sectors will increase in future, he said.
Likewise, the BMC has installed another toll-free number, 18003456796, to receive grievances from people. The Commissioner said the BMC is planning to introduce a call-back mechanism to inform people when their complaints are to be resolved.
Besides, Brahmapur people can also register their complaints online and through social media like WhatsApp. “We have resolved several grievances received through social media,” he added.
- Previous Govts indulged in business of illegally acquiring lands: CM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal would emerge as natural farming state: Guv 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now it is mandatory to link PMAY beneficiary with geo-tagging 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be expanded: Khattar 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Tara given life imprisonment 18 Mar 2018 | PTI | in Bhopal
- Minister‚Äôs daughter-in-law commits suicide at Udaypura 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Interactive session with intellectuals, scribes held for Gwalior trade fair 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 2-day national level working model contest Nirmaan2k18 concludes 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Farmers forced to dump tomatoes, feed them to cattle for poor rates, says Ajay Singh 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal