Brahmapur farmers feted for hybrid vegetable seeds
Six farmers from Brahmapur and surrounding areas were felicitated for their farming success by growing superior quality Seminis vegetable hybrid seeds.
The farmers received customised tablet computers pre-loaded with agronomic information in Odia from Seminis. These tablets will provide them easy access to best agronomic practices empowering them with knowledge and enabling them to share their knowledge with fellow farmers. The ceremony was attended by over 100 farmers from around Brahmapur.
Farmers Purna Majhi (Nayagarh), Kabiraj Behera (Ganjam), Rohita Sahoo (Kalahandi), Lal Mohan Sahoo (Sundargarh), Sujan Pradhan and Bahadur Sahu (Bargarh) were felicitated. Farmer Purna Majhi said, “Thanks to Seminis vegetable hybrid seeds, I’m now considered a progressive farmer. I have been using Megha, Barkha, Dawn-175, Saksham and Tarini Seminis seeds over the past two years. Since then I have been harvesting higher yields which helped me get better prices for my produce. With the additional income from the higher yield, I have been able to purchase a JCB backhoe loader.”
Lal Mohan Sahoo said, “Our standard of living has improved due to higher income from better quality and yield of cauliflowers using Seminis Barkha and Megha hybrid cauliflower seeds. Besides these, I have also been using other Seminis hybrid varieties like Girija and Tarini. I am very satisfied with them and with the additional income I have bought a tractor and admitted my son for higher studies in Bhubaneswar.”
“I used to first cultivate only paddy and pulses and later shifted to planting vegetables. Today my income has increased after adopting Seminis seeds like Girija, Kafila and Barkha. I am now not only a farmer but also a Seminis dealer. I am really happy with my produce and have also named my daughter after the Seminis cauliflower hybrid, Megha,” said Bahadur Sahu.
- River linking proposals are heading nowhere 29 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- inbrief 29 Apr 2017 | IANS | in Bhubaneswar
- Paradip body adopts State Land Development Policy 29 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Now, BJD forms Biju Shramik Sammukhya 29 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Govt creates 376 vet doctor posts at a time 29 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Police file chargesheet against Papu Pompom 29 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Tension in Vani Vihar before Naveen’s visit 29 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Contemporary Odia short stories on feminism 29 Apr 2017 | SAHADEV SAHOO | in Bhubaneswar
- Youth kills woman, daughter in K’jhar, arrested by police 29 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP demands goat farmer Parbati’s security 29 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar