Cold spell lessens; fog intensifies
Though the prevailing cold conditions have slightly abated in Odisha, most parts of the State, including capital Bhubaneswar, witnessed dense fog on Saturday.
Commuters had a tough time due to poor visibility in the morning and the vehicle drivers had to keep their parking lights on to prevent any mishap.
Two-wheeler users were the worst-affected as they not only had to brave the chill but also drive in virtual zero visibility conditions with complete alertness and concentration.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) Regional Office here predicted that the fog would persist for next three days. Hence, weathermen advised commuters to take caution.
“Dense fog will be witnessed till 10 am in various parts of the State from till January 16. Besides, Phulbani will record the lowest temperature of 5 degree Celsius in the next 24 hours,” said the weather office.
On Friday, the mercury had dropped below 10 degree Celsius at seven places across the State.
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun