- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Cong slams unsatisfactory implementation of ORV Act
Pradesh Congress Committee SC Department (PCCSCD) Chairman Ripunath Seth on Friday alleged that the State Government is not implementing the Odisha Reservation and Vacancies (ORV) Act in letter and spirit, for which most of the SC and ST people are being deprived of their rights.
“The ORV Act 1975 was introduced by the then Congress Government, proved as an exemplary initiative to ensure Government job opportunities for SC and ST across the country, but in Odisha the BJD Government is not showing interest in implementation of the law despite a High Court direction,” alleged Seth.
“We demand immediate amendment to the ORV Act with reservations, failing which the PCC would come to the street,” he said.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Ban beef export yadav says to PM 04 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Additional aid of Rs 10 lakh to kin of Dadri victim 04 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Special Forces deployed for UP Indian railways 04 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Ranjan directs Nirman Nigam to meet deadlines 04 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ‘No need to go to police station, file FIR online’ 04 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Debt-ridden S’garh farmer ends life 04 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- J’suguda cops launch drive against coal smugglers 04 Oct 2015 | RAJKUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- Guv stresses on human resource development 04 Oct 2015 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Dengue cases cross 1,000 mark in State 04 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJD, BJP mass drive: Pseudo Gandhism on display 04 Oct 2015 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
04 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | Lucknow
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav dared Prime Minister Narendra Modi to ban beef export from India now that he ws in power. Yadav was speaking at a function to mark the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi in Lucknow on Friday...
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is discriminating against Opposition Chief Ministers and the States ruled by them.
It was great working with superstar Sylvester Stallone. As an actor, would be greedy and want that opportunity again.
Neither Hindus nor Muslims benefitted from the Dadri killing. Only political parties and politicians are benefitting.