Cong slams unsatisfactory implementation of ORV Act
Pradesh Congress Committee SC Department (PCCSCD) Chairman Ripunath Seth on Friday alleged that the State Government is not implementing the Odisha Reservation and Vacancies (ORV) Act in letter and spirit, for which most of the SC and ST people are being deprived of their rights.
“The ORV Act 1975 was introduced by the then Congress Government, proved as an exemplary initiative to ensure Government job opportunities for SC and ST across the country, but in Odisha the BJD Government is not showing interest in implementation of the law despite a High Court direction,” alleged Seth.
“We demand immediate amendment to the ORV Act with reservations, failing which the PCC would come to the street,” he said.
- Bypolls to Chitrakoot seat set for direct fight 23 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- IIP energy research workshop from Oct 23 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Hooch claims one more life in State 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MAD students clean up Dobhalwala 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Bus commuters face problems post Diwali 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Drive to check traffic violations conducted 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM releases cop‚Äôs book of poems 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Press conference discusses need of laws for domestic help 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PMHS gearing up for its battle royale 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- UMSSB extends dates for medical officers‚Äô forms 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun