- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Cong slams unsatisfactory implementation of ORV Act
Pradesh Congress Committee SC Department (PCCSCD) Chairman Ripunath Seth on Friday alleged that the State Government is not implementing the Odisha Reservation and Vacancies (ORV) Act in letter and spirit, for which most of the SC and ST people are being deprived of their rights.
“The ORV Act 1975 was introduced by the then Congress Government, proved as an exemplary initiative to ensure Government job opportunities for SC and ST across the country, but in Odisha the BJD Government is not showing interest in implementation of the law despite a High Court direction,” alleged Seth.
“We demand immediate amendment to the ORV Act with reservations, failing which the PCC would come to the street,” he said.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Shimla, nearby spots wrapped in snow 08 Feb 2016 | IANS | in Chandigarh
- Modi dedicates NISER to nation 08 Feb 2016 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
- Inbrief 08 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- ‘Judiciary can play vital role in solving Indo-Pak disputes’ 08 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- INBRIEF 08 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- HP remembers association with Guru Gobind Singh 08 Feb 2016 | KK KAPILA | in Chandigarh
- 58,000 BPUT students yet to get certificates 08 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Haryana Town & Country Planning Dept plans joint site inspection 08 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- War veterans’ assn holds annual day 08 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Seminar on climate-resilient crops held 08 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
07 Feb 2016 | Rinku Ghosh
Photography legend Steve McCurry may be known for his iconic Afghan girl, but over the course of his long career, he has kept coming back to India, documenting our ever-evolving world. And though he may not have panned conflict-zone drama, he has a soul connect with each photograph of his India series...
We have already lost the sleeves of the sweater (of India) — Bangladesh and Pakistan. So let's keep the sweater. It's getting cold.
My creativity did not match with TV shows I was doing. I couldn't get satisfaction, that's why I couldn't do it.
Censorship is a battle we have fought on every single film. Every film, we had the most insane battles... It's restrictive, and regressive.