- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Cong slams unsatisfactory implementation of ORV Act
Pradesh Congress Committee SC Department (PCCSCD) Chairman Ripunath Seth on Friday alleged that the State Government is not implementing the Odisha Reservation and Vacancies (ORV) Act in letter and spirit, for which most of the SC and ST people are being deprived of their rights.
“The ORV Act 1975 was introduced by the then Congress Government, proved as an exemplary initiative to ensure Government job opportunities for SC and ST across the country, but in Odisha the BJD Government is not showing interest in implementation of the law despite a High Court direction,” alleged Seth.
“We demand immediate amendment to the ORV Act with reservations, failing which the PCC would come to the street,” he said.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Haryana Budget session from Monday likely to be stormy 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal Cabinet approves draft Governor address 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cold conditions persist in the region 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- INLD trying to manufacture a revival in Haryana 26 Feb 2017 | IANS | in Chandigarh
- Jats to hold ‘Black Day’ in Haryana today 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana annouces Rs 50 lakh for martyr's family 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal CM opens International Shivratri fair 26 Feb 2017 | Kishori Lal | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt to finalise excise policy soon 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- PM remark has scared BJD: Dharmendra 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- House stalled over Modi’s ‘Odsha poor’ remark 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
My visit to Rwanda and Uganda was a conscious effort by the Indian Government to intensify interactions with Africa.
Media and social media have done best for small films... Creating buzz about the film without (we) having to invest.
We will hunt down and destroy the Islamic State at its source so that it can no longer threaten our nation or our families.