Cong slams unsatisfactory implementation of ORV Act
Pradesh Congress Committee SC Department (PCCSCD) Chairman Ripunath Seth on Friday alleged that the State Government is not implementing the Odisha Reservation and Vacancies (ORV) Act in letter and spirit, for which most of the SC and ST people are being deprived of their rights.
“The ORV Act 1975 was introduced by the then Congress Government, proved as an exemplary initiative to ensure Government job opportunities for SC and ST across the country, but in Odisha the BJD Government is not showing interest in implementation of the law despite a High Court direction,” alleged Seth.
“We demand immediate amendment to the ORV Act with reservations, failing which the PCC would come to the street,” he said.
- 4 file nomination for chairman 22 Mar 2018 | VINOD PRASAD | in Ranchi
- 2-day workshop at BIT, Mesra 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Students pour colours of nature on Van Bhawan boundary wall 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Students get feel of parliamentary practices 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- inbrief 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jail authorities to take call on shifting Lalu to AIIMS 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Contestants rush to file nominations on 4th day 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Joint Secy flays banks for negative attitude 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ex-Union Min Pawan slams UT Admn on wages 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Chinese cos to expand capacity of alloy wheels 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh