- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Cong slams unsatisfactory implementation of ORV Act
Pradesh Congress Committee SC Department (PCCSCD) Chairman Ripunath Seth on Friday alleged that the State Government is not implementing the Odisha Reservation and Vacancies (ORV) Act in letter and spirit, for which most of the SC and ST people are being deprived of their rights.
“The ORV Act 1975 was introduced by the then Congress Government, proved as an exemplary initiative to ensure Government job opportunities for SC and ST across the country, but in Odisha the BJD Government is not showing interest in implementation of the law despite a High Court direction,” alleged Seth.
“We demand immediate amendment to the ORV Act with reservations, failing which the PCC would come to the street,” he said.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Ramesh Jena’s aide Jitu injured in encounter 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Pvt school defies Govt closure notice 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mashal Yatra evokes huge response across State 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Young singers enthral audience despite congenital disorders 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rotavirus claims 40% diarrhoea deaths of Indian kids 30 Apr 2016 | ARABINDA MOHANTY | in Bhubaneswar
- Illegal structures near rly workshop razed 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 40% posts in 3 Govt med colleges vacant 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 924 die of kidney failure; 1,484 in AIDS 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Subroto Bagchi to head Skill Dev Authority 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 55 industry proposals cleared via SLSWCA 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
24 Apr 2016 | Rup Narayan Das
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar’s recent visit to China assumes immense significance in light of the long-standing complex relationship and the security dilemma that exists between the two countries. Political interaction at the higher level is always conducive for strategic trust and communication China is India’s largest neighbour and the two countries share a land border of 3,488 km, which is undemarcated and is known as the Line of Actual Control (LAC)...
While customs and rituals should change in accordance with time, those having faith in the religion should be the ones who decide the matter.
Working with Salman was surreal. I learnt so much by just observing him. He has no starry attitude, he lets his guard down and is playful.
While Islamabad has repeatedly urged Delhi to resume the comprehensive peace process, India has instead signalled it is only interested in talking about terrorism.