- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Cong slams unsatisfactory implementation of ORV Act
Pradesh Congress Committee SC Department (PCCSCD) Chairman Ripunath Seth on Friday alleged that the State Government is not implementing the Odisha Reservation and Vacancies (ORV) Act in letter and spirit, for which most of the SC and ST people are being deprived of their rights.
“The ORV Act 1975 was introduced by the then Congress Government, proved as an exemplary initiative to ensure Government job opportunities for SC and ST across the country, but in Odisha the BJD Government is not showing interest in implementation of the law despite a High Court direction,” alleged Seth.
“We demand immediate amendment to the ORV Act with reservations, failing which the PCC would come to the street,” he said.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- ‘Together we can lift BSP’s fortunes’ 01 Dec 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Rs97.37L okayed for Durg rural works 01 Dec 2015 | PNS | in Raipur
- Prolonged winter expected this time: IGAU 01 Dec 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Good to see tennis promoted: Muster 01 Dec 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Street vendors, body painters make most of hockey event 01 Dec 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Eastern corridor project to start soon, says Das 01 Dec 2015 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- CM appears before court in code violation case 01 Dec 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Awareness campaign organised for natural disaster reduction 01 Dec 2015 | Portia Putatunda | in Ranchi
- MCPC, JHALSA begin capsule course on mediation 01 Dec 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Naveenbabu pro-farmer, so he chose me for Rajya Sabha 01 Dec 2015 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
29 Nov 2015 | Kushan Mitra
Earlier in November, the Presidents of People’s Republic of China and Republic of China shook hands in Singapore — the first meeting of the protagonists of the Chinese Civil War in 66 years. The Republic of China, or Taiwan as most people know the country, is on the verge of a new election, and is also considering where its place is in the world...
You compare the Nagpur Test to a Test match in Perth. I would pay money for a ticket for this game, yaar. To hell with the five days!
It was a great win at Macau; a hat-trick. I am really happy. My immediate target now is the Indonesian Open.
I'm optimistic about what we can achieve at the climate summit, because I've seen America take incredible strides in last seven years.