Cong targets Govt over data mismatch
The State Assembly witnessed uproarious scenes on Tuesday as Opposition Congress members alleged that the State Government is always misleading the House with false information and demanded a clarification in this regard.
During a discussion on a question on construction of pucca houses, questioner Congress MLA Chandra Sekhar Majhi pointed out that the data given by Panchayati Raj Minister Pradeep Maharathy differs very much from the data given by former Panchayati Raj Minister Arun Sahu.
“Former Minister Aurn Sahu had stated that a total of 2,62,680 houses had been constructed during the year 2015-16 and the present Minister puts the figure for that year at 2,57,894. So Minister Maharathy should clarify which figure is correct,” demanded Majhi
To this, the Minister said, “The figure put by me is very correct and you can examine it.”
Leader of Opposition Narasingha Mishra raising a question over Maharthy’s reply alleged that the State Government is misleading the house by furnishing untrue figures and sought a direction from the Speaker seeking the Minister give an explanation whether he or the former Minister has misled the House.
Minister Maharathy said both the figures are correct and neither the former Minister nor he has misled the house. “The earlier questioner had wanted to know the number of houses constructed in 2014-15 and 2015-16. Hence the figure was different,” said Maharathy.
Soon Congress members led by Tara Prasad Bahinipati trouped into the Well of the House demanding a direction as to why different figures are being put by different Ministers.
However, the members moved back to seats only after Speaker Pradeep Kumar Amat directed the Minister to reexamine the matter.
In his reply, the Minister said the State Government has set a target to construct 9,70,679 pucca houses under various schemes during the current year.
While 7,36,257 houses have been targeted to be constructed under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, 1,04,938 houses under the Indira Awas Yojana, 95,285 under the Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana, 26,916 under the Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana (Mines) and 7,283 houses would be build under the Construction Workers Pucca Ghar Yojana, he said.
- Various events mark Swacchta Bharat Mission programme 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- IGRMS holds demo of traditional iron smelting 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies and four others injured in fire mishap 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Laxmi Automobiles organises Khushiyan Har Aangan 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Mayawati targets BJP Govt 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- inbrief 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Loktantra Senanis to carry out march on October 2 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ujjawala Yojana transformed lives of poor: CM 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Inner Wheel Club organises Dandiya night 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Colleges will remain close today in state 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow