Consultation on community radio held
The Young India in support with the ActionAid began a two-day national-level consultation on “Community radio: Working in a network for furthering the rights based work and justice to marginalised community” here on Wednesday.
With an aim to facilitate the group of community radios (CRs) operating in different States by sharing their experiences and build strong perspective for bringing social changes by reducing the vulnerabilities and discrimination and injustice.
Unesco Prof Vinod Pavarala urged for creating awareness among the people enabling them to learn how to use media rather than be used by the media.
Pavarala said there should be a horizontal communication in the CRs rather than vertical communication. The CR is 99 per cent about community and 1 per cent about radio, he added.
As per reports, 201 CR stations are operational in the country, of which 76 are operated by NGOs, 110 by the educational institutions and 15 by Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs).
About 40 CR broadcasters from 21 States joined and shared their experiences, best practices and perspectives that have been developed working with the community.
Exhibitions of best practices by 20 CRs working in different States are also being held during the event. Besides, a document would be developed to capture the best practices including the learning and experiences of the CR.
Among others, Commonwealth Education Media Centre for Asia Director Dr S Rasool, Goa’s Peaceful Society executive secretary Kumar Kalanand Mani, ActionAid director Sandeep Chachra and Namaskar community media network chairman NA Shah Ansari were present.
- Bypolls to Chitrakoot seat set for direct fight 23 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- IIP energy research workshop from Oct 23 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Hooch claims one more life in State 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MAD students clean up Dobhalwala 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Bus commuters face problems post Diwali 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Drive to check traffic violations conducted 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM releases cop‚Äôs book of poems 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Press conference discusses need of laws for domestic help 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PMHS gearing up for its battle royale 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- UMSSB extends dates for medical officers‚Äô forms 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun