- Office of profit: Prez OKs disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs
- Develop a US-style online platform to sell bad loans: Acharya
- WEF preps for Modi mantra with tastes of India, twists of yoga
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy over cross-border firing
- No one can touch a woman without her consent: Delhi court
- No fresh firing by Pakistan along LoC, IB overnight
- UNSC sanctions monitoring team to visit Pak this week
- Bawana fire: Police nabbed factory owner
Consultation on community radio held
The Young India in support with the ActionAid began a two-day national-level consultation on “Community radio: Working in a network for furthering the rights based work and justice to marginalised community” here on Wednesday.
With an aim to facilitate the group of community radios (CRs) operating in different States by sharing their experiences and build strong perspective for bringing social changes by reducing the vulnerabilities and discrimination and injustice.
Unesco Prof Vinod Pavarala urged for creating awareness among the people enabling them to learn how to use media rather than be used by the media.
Pavarala said there should be a horizontal communication in the CRs rather than vertical communication. The CR is 99 per cent about community and 1 per cent about radio, he added.
As per reports, 201 CR stations are operational in the country, of which 76 are operated by NGOs, 110 by the educational institutions and 15 by Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs).
About 40 CR broadcasters from 21 States joined and shared their experiences, best practices and perspectives that have been developed working with the community.
Exhibitions of best practices by 20 CRs working in different States are also being held during the event. Besides, a document would be developed to capture the best practices including the learning and experiences of the CR.
Among others, Commonwealth Education Media Centre for Asia Director Dr S Rasool, Goa’s Peaceful Society executive secretary Kumar Kalanand Mani, ActionAid director Sandeep Chachra and Namaskar community media network chairman NA Shah Ansari were present.
- Street play on gender equality staged 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM sends Rs 35.22 cr with a click 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- AIIMS observes fourth foundation day 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- BJP, Cong neck and neck in MP civic poll results 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Public lecture on Master of the Roster to be held at Vivekananda Library today 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ‚ÄėNCERT Quiz‚Äô to be held today at Central Library 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Underground parking in Nagar Zone to be opened for traders 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Ensure reconstruction of bad roads, pipelines: CM 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Observer submits report on Baijayant to Naveen 21 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJD sweeps ULB, GP by-elections 21 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar