- India, Bangladesh bonded by cooperation and understanding: Modi
- Almost USD 30 million seized in raids linked to Malaysian ex-PM
- Samsung must pay Apple $539mn in patent lawsuit: US court
- HDK faces floor test today; expected to sail through
- Special NIA court convicts five IM militants in Bodh Gaya serial blasts case
- Two men detonate explosive device at Indian restaurant in Canada; 15 injured
Consultation on community radio held
The Young India in support with the ActionAid began a two-day national-level consultation on “Community radio: Working in a network for furthering the rights based work and justice to marginalised community” here on Wednesday.
With an aim to facilitate the group of community radios (CRs) operating in different States by sharing their experiences and build strong perspective for bringing social changes by reducing the vulnerabilities and discrimination and injustice.
Unesco Prof Vinod Pavarala urged for creating awareness among the people enabling them to learn how to use media rather than be used by the media.
Pavarala said there should be a horizontal communication in the CRs rather than vertical communication. The CR is 99 per cent about community and 1 per cent about radio, he added.
As per reports, 201 CR stations are operational in the country, of which 76 are operated by NGOs, 110 by the educational institutions and 15 by Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs).
About 40 CR broadcasters from 21 States joined and shared their experiences, best practices and perspectives that have been developed working with the community.
Exhibitions of best practices by 20 CRs working in different States are also being held during the event. Besides, a document would be developed to capture the best practices including the learning and experiences of the CR.
Among others, Commonwealth Education Media Centre for Asia Director Dr S Rasool, Goa’s Peaceful Society executive secretary Kumar Kalanand Mani, ActionAid director Sandeep Chachra and Namaskar community media network chairman NA Shah Ansari were present.
- Modi visits J'khand today, to review aspirational districts' dev 25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- HP suspends 5 officials, including IPS officer for Kasauli incident 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt issues advisory on Nipah virus 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hemkund Sahib Yatra: An Exhilarating Spiritual experience 25 May 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Punjab imposes Rs 5 cr fine on erring mill 25 May 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Guv‚Äôs Cup Golf tournament to begin today 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt schools to pay domestic rates of power 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One accused of killing leopard cub arrested 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates modern lab complex at GGIC 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sanitation, employment and education are missions for Govt: Madan Kaushik 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun