- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
CPM protests hike in fuel prices
The Communist Party of India (Marxist) Bhubaneswar District Committee on Tuesday staged a demonstration at Master Canteen Square here protesting the hike in petrol, diesel and cooking gas prices.
On the plea of oil companies increasing crude oil price, the BJP Government is hiking the fuel prices frequently. Reducing 2 paise per litre is a mockery to the common people. Despite reduction of crude oil price in the international market, the fuel prices in India are increasing repeatedly affecting the prices of essential commodities and cost of passenger transportation, they pointed out.
Condemning the support of the Central Government to the oil companies, the CPI(M) demanded immediate reduction of fuel prices. The protest would continue against he price hike, announced CPI(M) leaders.
Under the leadership of CPI(M) District Committee member Prabhat Panigrahi and general secretary Saal Marandi, Jagadish Jena, Chamburu Soren and Minati Panigrahi, the party had taken out a rally from the railway station to Master Canteen Square. If the oil companies are not restricted by the Government and petrol and disel included on the GST Council agenda, the problems would worsen in future, they warned.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun