- AAP MLAs allegedly assault Delhi Chief Secretary in CM's presence
- PNB closed all options to recover dues by going public: Modi
- Fitch places PNB on 'Rating Watch Negative' with downgrade possibility
- PNB fraud: SC to hear PIL seeking SIT probe on Friday
- SC to hear actress Priya's plea seeking quashing of FIR
- India test fires medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- Pak drug smuggler killed; 10 kg narcotics, arms seized along IB: BSF
DAV Biz School girl suicide: Cops record statements of parents
Police on Wednesday recorded the statements of the parents of DAV School of Business Management (DSBM) student Tanya Banerjee, who committed suicide in the school hostel recently.
The statement of Tanya’s mother Keya Banerjee was recorded at the Capital police station. She alleged that physical and mental torture meted by some hostel inmates forced Tanya to commit suicide and demanded stringent action against the persons responsible for her daughter’s death.
“Registering a case under Section-306 of the IPC is not sufficient. I want strong action against those who forced my daughter to take the extreme step,” she said.
She had on Tuesday alleged that before Tanya’s death, a girl had called them up and threatened of dire consequences. “She also warned me that strong action was being taken against Tanya,” she added.
Besides, the family members further alleged that the police are dragging their feet in expediting the investigating process since one of the college girls interrogated in this connection is a senior bureaucrat’s daughter.
However, DCP Satyabrata Bhoi had on Tuesday said if the girl’s parents have any specific allegations against anybody, they can record their statements before police. It would be investigated.
- ED attaches IAS officer‚Äôs assets in Ranchi, Udaipur, Bengaluru, Kolkata 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 10 decimal land sop to illegal settlers in towns 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man kills himself, wife, son over loan burden 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand Travel Mart to endorse State‚Äôs tourism prospects 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Pollution watchdog undergoes facelift 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Cabinet nod to form SC Panel 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- NCW smells rat in gang rape case 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharcraft inks MoU with Banka Silk 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Youth power will make India world guru, says CM 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Centre okays setting up of Tribunal for settling Mahanadi water dispute 21 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur