- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
DAV CSpur celebrates silver jubilee
Learners of the 21st century are supposed to stay healthy, stay busy gaining wisdom and stay connected with the philosophy of one world and one family,” said DAV College Managing Committee president Punam Suri, joining as the chief guest of the logo unveiling ceremony of silver jubilee celebrations of the DAV Public School, Chnadrasekharpur here on Saturday.
In order to make the 25 years of glorious existence in the field of education, the school kick-started the year-long celebrations by unveiling the logo designed by a Class VIII students, Shruti Mishra. DAV CMC director (PS-II) Dr Nisha Peshim, DAV CSpur president Madan Mohan Panda, DAV KNG SMC chairman Sarat Chandra Mishra, DAV Odisha Zone-I regional director HK Mohanty and principals of different DAV Schools of the State were present. Getta Pattake of Oriach Ltd was specially felicitated for her priceless contribution as an architect in the formative days of the school.
As part of the silver jubilee celebrations, a mini marathon was organised on Sunday. The marathon that started from the school covered a distance of about five km before reaching back at the school premises. About 5,000 students, teachers and parents from around 20 schools joined in the event spreading the message of fellow feeling and fraternity. The marathon was flagged off by DAV CMC president Punam Suri. Among others, hockey star and MP Dillip Tirkey, cine star and MP Siddhant Mohapatra, film director Sabyasachi Mohapatra, Olympian Anuradha Biswal and cricket star Pragyan Ojha were present. In the evening, 25 differently-abled students along with remarkable achievers and dignitaries were felicitated.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Modi had always betrayed farmers : Akhilesh 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ‘Gundaraj’ prevails in UP : Amit Shah 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Campaigning for fourth phase of assembly elections ends 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP-Congress accused RSS as fascist forces 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Jungle raj prevailed during SP regime : Mayawati 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Nutan and Amitabh Thakur once again take a dig on Gayatri Prajapati 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PM seems relying more on social media : Akhilesh Yadav 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP heading towards full majority in UP : Gangwar 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Students enjoy annual fest Anandita 2017 22 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Miscreant arrested for attacking woman 22 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
Indira Gandhi’s aura was different, while the aura of Narendra Modi is diminishing. She was ousted in a poll but again accepted by them.
Hrithik Roshan chapter is done and dusted, and it doesn't hold any relevance in today's time. It's over for me.
Some people don't want to see a strengthened BJP in Delhi. Such frustrated people are creating rumours of differences.