- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
DAV CSpur celebrates silver jubilee
Learners of the 21st century are supposed to stay healthy, stay busy gaining wisdom and stay connected with the philosophy of one world and one family,” said DAV College Managing Committee president Punam Suri, joining as the chief guest of the logo unveiling ceremony of silver jubilee celebrations of the DAV Public School, Chnadrasekharpur here on Saturday.
In order to make the 25 years of glorious existence in the field of education, the school kick-started the year-long celebrations by unveiling the logo designed by a Class VIII students, Shruti Mishra. DAV CMC director (PS-II) Dr Nisha Peshim, DAV CSpur president Madan Mohan Panda, DAV KNG SMC chairman Sarat Chandra Mishra, DAV Odisha Zone-I regional director HK Mohanty and principals of different DAV Schools of the State were present. Getta Pattake of Oriach Ltd was specially felicitated for her priceless contribution as an architect in the formative days of the school.
As part of the silver jubilee celebrations, a mini marathon was organised on Sunday. The marathon that started from the school covered a distance of about five km before reaching back at the school premises. About 5,000 students, teachers and parents from around 20 schools joined in the event spreading the message of fellow feeling and fraternity. The marathon was flagged off by DAV CMC president Punam Suri. Among others, hockey star and MP Dillip Tirkey, cine star and MP Siddhant Mohapatra, film director Sabyasachi Mohapatra, Olympian Anuradha Biswal and cricket star Pragyan Ojha were present. In the evening, 25 differently-abled students along with remarkable achievers and dignitaries were felicitated.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CREDA to install ‘solar-powered generators’ 11 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 1,100 seats allocated to State under India BPO Promotion Scheme 11 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- SC Judge wants boost to culture of settlement 11 Dec 2016 | Sanjeev Jha | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand to become ODF by 2018, says CM 11 Dec 2016 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand gets Naidu’s pat for speedy development 11 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- RMC Board meeting cancelled, again 11 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM seeks TV channel on legal literacy from Centre 11 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal power rules in Ranchi University polls 11 Dec 2016 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Maha firm to prepare forest conservation plan for Gare Pelma-II coal block 11 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Rural ATMs going kaput still a worry 11 Dec 2016 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
11 Dec 2016 | Kumar Chellappan
Jayalalithaa’s death has left a void difficult to fill — in politics and the State. The situation in Tamil Nadu is fluid and there is no guarantee that the Panneerselvam Government would complete its term despite the reasonable majority the AIADMK enjoys in the Assembly...
Demonetisation is the biggest scam in the history of India. I will reveal it in Parliament.You'll see that an earthquake will happen.
Through the years, being a girl, a woman, growing up, you learn to let go, hide some things, express things.
The ‘Mr Perfectionist' title is not correct for me. And it puts no pressure on me. The title should be ‘Mr Passionate’. That is what I am.