- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
DAV CSpur celebrates silver jubilee
Learners of the 21st century are supposed to stay healthy, stay busy gaining wisdom and stay connected with the philosophy of one world and one family,” said DAV College Managing Committee president Punam Suri, joining as the chief guest of the logo unveiling ceremony of silver jubilee celebrations of the DAV Public School, Chnadrasekharpur here on Saturday.
In order to make the 25 years of glorious existence in the field of education, the school kick-started the year-long celebrations by unveiling the logo designed by a Class VIII students, Shruti Mishra. DAV CMC director (PS-II) Dr Nisha Peshim, DAV CSpur president Madan Mohan Panda, DAV KNG SMC chairman Sarat Chandra Mishra, DAV Odisha Zone-I regional director HK Mohanty and principals of different DAV Schools of the State were present. Getta Pattake of Oriach Ltd was specially felicitated for her priceless contribution as an architect in the formative days of the school.
As part of the silver jubilee celebrations, a mini marathon was organised on Sunday. The marathon that started from the school covered a distance of about five km before reaching back at the school premises. About 5,000 students, teachers and parents from around 20 schools joined in the event spreading the message of fellow feeling and fraternity. The marathon was flagged off by DAV CMC president Punam Suri. Among others, hockey star and MP Dillip Tirkey, cine star and MP Siddhant Mohapatra, film director Sabyasachi Mohapatra, Olympian Anuradha Biswal and cricket star Pragyan Ojha were present. In the evening, 25 differently-abled students along with remarkable achievers and dignitaries were felicitated.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Baleswar, M’bhanj bus owners threaten strike 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Fasting Pradip Majhi’s health critical in jail 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Appoint IAS officer as B’pur Varsity VC: Manch 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Now, no-trust move against Anandpur civic body chief 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Students’ bodies hold meet on Higher Education Policy 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sex racket busted in Rourkela; 3 brokers held 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Crocodile attack in Kendrapada 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 28 shop owners evicted from MKCG campus 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Forcible eviction: Cases against Ganjam DM, SBI officials 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Salman’s rape analogy: Problem in diction, not intent 29 Jun 2016 | GURBIR SINGH | in Bhubaneswar
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
Never has any leader made such a historic blunder. If Jawaharlalji had not declared a ceasefire at that time, the Kashmir issue would not have existed.
Actor Govinda is the ultimate Bollywood dancer. I can't see anyone beyond him. I can see him dancing for hours.
It is actually India which is shying away as it knows that it has to discuss Kashmir and other issues on the dialogue table.