- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
DAV CSpur celebrates silver jubilee
Learners of the 21st century are supposed to stay healthy, stay busy gaining wisdom and stay connected with the philosophy of one world and one family,” said DAV College Managing Committee president Punam Suri, joining as the chief guest of the logo unveiling ceremony of silver jubilee celebrations of the DAV Public School, Chnadrasekharpur here on Saturday.
In order to make the 25 years of glorious existence in the field of education, the school kick-started the year-long celebrations by unveiling the logo designed by a Class VIII students, Shruti Mishra. DAV CMC director (PS-II) Dr Nisha Peshim, DAV CSpur president Madan Mohan Panda, DAV KNG SMC chairman Sarat Chandra Mishra, DAV Odisha Zone-I regional director HK Mohanty and principals of different DAV Schools of the State were present. Getta Pattake of Oriach Ltd was specially felicitated for her priceless contribution as an architect in the formative days of the school.
As part of the silver jubilee celebrations, a mini marathon was organised on Sunday. The marathon that started from the school covered a distance of about five km before reaching back at the school premises. About 5,000 students, teachers and parents from around 20 schools joined in the event spreading the message of fellow feeling and fraternity. The marathon was flagged off by DAV CMC president Punam Suri. Among others, hockey star and MP Dillip Tirkey, cine star and MP Siddhant Mohapatra, film director Sabyasachi Mohapatra, Olympian Anuradha Biswal and cricket star Pragyan Ojha were present. In the evening, 25 differently-abled students along with remarkable achievers and dignitaries were felicitated.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Samajwadi Party, Congress announces alliance for UP Assembly polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh releases party manifesto for UP Polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP manifesto release: Mulayam, Shivpal skips event 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati attacks Akhilesh on SP election manifesto 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP election manifesto is a bundle of lies: Maurya 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP releases list of 155 candidates for UP Polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- RLD releases third list of candidates for UP polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP releases list of 77 candidates for UP polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Centre seeks Odisha support 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Talks on electro homoeopathy held 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
22 Jan 2017 | Amina Yaqin
In a country where women have been the subject of legislation to prove the state’s Islamic credentials, where tradition jostles with modernity, and the discourse of power prevails over social injustice, romantic melodrama has time and again proven to be a bestseller. It captures the imagination of the nation with its dreams of heroism, aspirational struggles, the fight between good and evil, the dashing hero and the damsel in distress 2011...
I don't think I can return home without risks. There will not be a time for that. I'll have to take the risk.
It's paradoxical to see those aiding extinction of native breeds talk about cruelty to animals in the bull-taming sport.
I have taken him (Ambika Chaudhary) in BSP. He will be given full respect, much more than he was getting in the Samajwadi Party.