- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
DAV CSpur celebrates silver jubilee
Learners of the 21st century are supposed to stay healthy, stay busy gaining wisdom and stay connected with the philosophy of one world and one family,” said DAV College Managing Committee president Punam Suri, joining as the chief guest of the logo unveiling ceremony of silver jubilee celebrations of the DAV Public School, Chnadrasekharpur here on Saturday.
In order to make the 25 years of glorious existence in the field of education, the school kick-started the year-long celebrations by unveiling the logo designed by a Class VIII students, Shruti Mishra. DAV CMC director (PS-II) Dr Nisha Peshim, DAV CSpur president Madan Mohan Panda, DAV KNG SMC chairman Sarat Chandra Mishra, DAV Odisha Zone-I regional director HK Mohanty and principals of different DAV Schools of the State were present. Getta Pattake of Oriach Ltd was specially felicitated for her priceless contribution as an architect in the formative days of the school.
As part of the silver jubilee celebrations, a mini marathon was organised on Sunday. The marathon that started from the school covered a distance of about five km before reaching back at the school premises. About 5,000 students, teachers and parents from around 20 schools joined in the event spreading the message of fellow feeling and fraternity. The marathon was flagged off by DAV CMC president Punam Suri. Among others, hockey star and MP Dillip Tirkey, cine star and MP Siddhant Mohapatra, film director Sabyasachi Mohapatra, Olympian Anuradha Biswal and cricket star Pragyan Ojha were present. In the evening, 25 differently-abled students along with remarkable achievers and dignitaries were felicitated.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Will not form a new party: CM 25 Oct 2016 | pns | in Lucknow
- Not possible to leave Amar Singh and Shivpal: Mulayam 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Triple talaq system ruined life of Muslim women: PM 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Modi’s rally a flop show claims Mayawati 25 Oct 2016 | pns | in Lucknow
- 4,000 doc posts vacant in Govt college hospitals 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Jail staffs launch fast, demand pay hike 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Am pained over contrasting statements, actions taken to save Jagamohan’ 25 Oct 2016 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
- Centre presses Odisha to have DBT Cell soonest 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3.24L Govt employees’ database online now 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- MoU with Adani: KISS-Mayurbhanj in offing 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
Let Netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav) install a Chief Minister who he feels is honest. Why should I form a new party? Who is forming a new party?
I wish Padmavati had come came to me five-six years ago; I would have done it. I am happy it has come to me today.
Donald Trump may not be politically correct but he understands what radical Islam is doing to this world.