ECoR launches mobile-based UTS
East Coast Railway (ECoR) General Manager Umesh Singh on Wednesday launched a mobile App-based unreserved ticketing system (UTS) here on Wednesday.
Passengers travelling on unreserved tickets will not get relief from standing in queues for hours in front to station counters.
ECoR Principal Chief Commercial Manager Ajay Kumar Behera said passengers can now make their journey hassle free.
“Presently, passengers are standing in long queues for several hours for getting train tickets from general ticket booking counters and using ATVMs. The mobile-based UTS will give relief to passengers from moving in queues,” said Behera.
This App will also promote paperless transactions in Railways. Passengers can also make payment through their credit / debit cards, net Banking, UPI without facing any hardships.
If a passenger wants to get an unreserved ticket, then the passenger has to stay between 20 metres to 2 km from a railway stations for mobile App to function properly. A passenger can also get a platform ticket or season ticket through the system.
In the System, passengers have to download UTS App. After successful registration, a four-digit password will be sent to the customer’s mobile and R-Wallet will be created with zero balance.
Passengers then recharge minimum balance of Rs 100 and maximum of Rs 10,000 in multiples of Rs 100 in the R-Wallet. Passengers then book their tickets by logging in using user ID and password. As this is paperless, no need to take printout. Tickets once booked cannot be cancelled or refunded.
Passengers will use “Show Ticket” option to show the Ticket Checking Staff on demand. If the passenger fails to do so, he/she would be treated as travelling without ticket and fined as per extant rules. “Show Ticket” option would even work when there is no internet connection.
For details, passengers may login to https://www.utsmobile.indianrail.gov.in or may dial helpline number 8455885961.
- Six hours traffic block, dozens of trains affected 20 May 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Extortionist caught with money 20 May 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 cyber criminals arrested in Giridih 20 May 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Summer camp concludes at DPS, Ranchi 20 May 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tata Steel takes over Bhushan Steel Limited 20 May 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- HEC inks agreement with Russian firm 20 May 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Das mulls Tirupati model for Chhinnamastika temple 20 May 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ganj Basoda will be made mini smart city: Shivraj Singh Chouhan 20 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 24-yr-old woman commits suicide 20 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Travel agent booked for duping Rs 40 lakh 20 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal