Haryana to construct small hydro projects
To enhance the availability of water and ensure equitable distribution of the available water in the State, Haryana Government is working on small hydro projects along with major projects such as Renuka and Lakhwar Dams.
For this purpose, about nine sites have been earmarked in the Shivalik area for construction of small dams, said Chief Minister Manohar Lal while talking to mediapersons in Bhiwani on Friday.
He said his Government was also providing subsidies and other incentives to encourage farmers to adopt drip and sprinkler irrigation techniques to ensure less usage of water.
Replying to a question regarding CBI inquiry against former Chief Minister, Bhupinder Singh Hooda in land deals, Manohar Lal said investigation was not being conducted with a vengeful mindset.
"Hooda has time and again said in the House that he is ready for any investigation. Now that investigation is being carried out in a proper manner, Hooda should stand by his statements and not fear any investigation. He should not be afraid if he has not done anything wrong," he added.
Referring to announcements made by MLAs and other public representatives on the demands raised by the people, he said he had no objection to fulfilment of any demand raised by the people.
"The present State Government has so far made about 3,600 announcements since it came into power, of which work on 1,600 has either been completed or is near completion. I am personally monitoring work being carried out on these announcements," he added.
- Meeting for Independence Day preparations held 22 Jul 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- N America C‚Äôgarh Association membership growing rapidly 22 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Police nab four extremists 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Hospital train to provide medical services in Daltonganj 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Admin orders raids against shops to check sale of adulterated sweets 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CCL holds meeting of Rajbhasha Karyanvayan Samiti 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man rapes woman threatening to kill her son 22 Jul 2017 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- 10-yr Management Plan for Wolf Sanctuary on anvil in Latehar 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- NHAI introduces the long awaited services on NH 33 22 Jul 2017 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Sanction PDS shops to Sakhi Mandals: CS 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi