- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
HC Bench, bypass road stirs at Balangir
Members of Balangir Action Committee led by its president Gopalji Panigrahi on Friday staged a dharna here demanding construction of a bypass road in the town; adequate compensation to the family of deceased Central School student, who died in a road accident on Thursday; regulation of traffic at all delicate points and halt to plying of heavy vehicles from 6 am to 9 pm in the town.
The length of the bypass road to be constructed is 11 km, of which 5 km of which the IDCO would construct and the Works Department the remaining 6 km.
For the 6 km to be constructed by the Works Department, a proposal of R 23 crore has been submitted. The bypass road would pass through Madhiapali to Sadeipali to backside of Sashtri Nagar, said PWD Executive Engineer, Balangir, Ashok Padhee.Besides this, there is also a proposal for construction of a bypass road by the National Highway Authority of India.
In a related development, members of the Bharatiya Yuva Morcha led by Ananta Das staged a demonstration before the district Collectorate and burnt an effigy of local BJD MLA AU Singh Deo demanding early construction of the bypass road.
Meanwhile, the boycott of the process of elections to urban local bodies continued here along with the agitation for setting up of a permanent Bench of the Odisha High Court at Balangir for the third consecutive day.
Members of the Citizens’ Committee led by its president Nilamani Mishra and others including president of Balangir District Bar Association Binayak Mishra and members of Balangir Chamber of Commerce staged a dharna before the municipality office demanding setting up of a High Court Bench at Balangir.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Maoist held in Dantewada dist 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- SECL to use fixed water sprinkler to manage coal dust 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Two IEDs unearthed in Kanker district 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- State Government prepares plans for Rabi season sowing activity 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- BSP to install rain water harvesting system at administrative building 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NRDA seeks people’s ideas to design city’s gates 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Bhagat ties knot, set to go behind bars 05 Oct 2015 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Food Security Act: Grains distribution to begin on Oct 11 05 Oct 2015 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Palamu Tiger Reserve starts tourists bus 05 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Kharkai bridge to be repaired before Durga Puja 05 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | Dantewada
A 36-year-old Maoist allegedly involved in an attack on Congress party’s convoy during the ‘Parivartan Yatra’ held on May 25, 2013 at Jheeram valley of Sukma district was arrested by joint squad of Special Task Force (STF) and District Force (DF) in insurgency-hit Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday. “Acting on a tip-off, security personnel have arrested the Naxal from restive Chikanpal Patelpara village falling under limits of Katekalyan...
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is discriminating against Opposition Chief Ministers and the States ruled by them.
It was great working with superstar Sylvester Stallone. As an actor, would be greedy and want that opportunity again.
Neither Hindus nor Muslims benefitted from the Dadri killing. Only political parties and politicians are benefitting.