- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
HC Bench, bypass road stirs at Balangir
Members of Balangir Action Committee led by its president Gopalji Panigrahi on Friday staged a dharna here demanding construction of a bypass road in the town; adequate compensation to the family of deceased Central School student, who died in a road accident on Thursday; regulation of traffic at all delicate points and halt to plying of heavy vehicles from 6 am to 9 pm in the town.
The length of the bypass road to be constructed is 11 km, of which 5 km of which the IDCO would construct and the Works Department the remaining 6 km.
For the 6 km to be constructed by the Works Department, a proposal of R 23 crore has been submitted. The bypass road would pass through Madhiapali to Sadeipali to backside of Sashtri Nagar, said PWD Executive Engineer, Balangir, Ashok Padhee.Besides this, there is also a proposal for construction of a bypass road by the National Highway Authority of India.
In a related development, members of the Bharatiya Yuva Morcha led by Ananta Das staged a demonstration before the district Collectorate and burnt an effigy of local BJD MLA AU Singh Deo demanding early construction of the bypass road.
Meanwhile, the boycott of the process of elections to urban local bodies continued here along with the agitation for setting up of a permanent Bench of the Odisha High Court at Balangir for the third consecutive day.
Members of the Citizens’ Committee led by its president Nilamani Mishra and others including president of Balangir District Bar Association Binayak Mishra and members of Balangir Chamber of Commerce staged a dharna before the municipality office demanding setting up of a High Court Bench at Balangir.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Upset flat buyers gherao Hi-Tech official in city 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Maoists destroy contractor camp in Rayagada district 29 May 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘BJD minus Naveen will always remain in my heart as my party’ 29 May 2016 | DEBADAS PRADHAN | in Bhubaneswar
- 54,000 candidates appear for NISER screening test 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Reservation in pvt sectors demanded 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Make ECoR the best rly zone: GM 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 19,000 km roads, 9L houses to be built in 3 years in State 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Menstrual hygiene a challenging job in India 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sex racket busted in city; two held 29 May 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- Unauthorised siding: NGT slaps Rs50 lakh on railway 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
We will present our case for Jat reservation before the court and make all possible efforts to get the stay on the quota vacated.
We carried out a strike against a Taliban leader. We will continue to do whatever needed to protect our forces.
I'd love to debate Bernie (Sanders) on television. It would get very high ratings. It would be in a big arena.