- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
HC Bench, bypass road stirs at Balangir
Members of Balangir Action Committee led by its president Gopalji Panigrahi on Friday staged a dharna here demanding construction of a bypass road in the town; adequate compensation to the family of deceased Central School student, who died in a road accident on Thursday; regulation of traffic at all delicate points and halt to plying of heavy vehicles from 6 am to 9 pm in the town.
The length of the bypass road to be constructed is 11 km, of which 5 km of which the IDCO would construct and the Works Department the remaining 6 km.
For the 6 km to be constructed by the Works Department, a proposal of R 23 crore has been submitted. The bypass road would pass through Madhiapali to Sadeipali to backside of Sashtri Nagar, said PWD Executive Engineer, Balangir, Ashok Padhee.Besides this, there is also a proposal for construction of a bypass road by the National Highway Authority of India.
In a related development, members of the Bharatiya Yuva Morcha led by Ananta Das staged a demonstration before the district Collectorate and burnt an effigy of local BJD MLA AU Singh Deo demanding early construction of the bypass road.
Meanwhile, the boycott of the process of elections to urban local bodies continued here along with the agitation for setting up of a permanent Bench of the Odisha High Court at Balangir for the third consecutive day.
Members of the Citizens’ Committee led by its president Nilamani Mishra and others including president of Balangir District Bar Association Binayak Mishra and members of Balangir Chamber of Commerce staged a dharna before the municipality office demanding setting up of a High Court Bench at Balangir.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM briefs Ram Naik on political situation in state 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Shivpal expels Akhilesh’s loyalist Pawan Pandey 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Shivpal vacates his official residence 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati denies charges of PM 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- DGP Zaveed Ahmed asks juniors to celebrate diwali with orphans, senior citizens 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Strong reason pushed me to quit: Rita Bahuguna Joshi 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Azam Khan plays as messiah for Muslims 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Jungle Safari having unique ‘Mgt Zone’ for wildlife conservation 27 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Lok Adalats to be held in C’garh from Nov 12 27 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 139 sand mines in C’garh awaiting environmental clearance 27 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
My family and the Samajwadi Party are united. All workers are united. There are some conspirators who do not have any mass base.
Trump suffers from very poor self-esteem. He has no insight, no intuition, no creativity, no capacity to offer hope.
Film-makers of the past were creative people and not businessmen. That is why they could make the kind of cinema they did.