- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
HC Bench, bypass road stirs at Balangir
Members of Balangir Action Committee led by its president Gopalji Panigrahi on Friday staged a dharna here demanding construction of a bypass road in the town; adequate compensation to the family of deceased Central School student, who died in a road accident on Thursday; regulation of traffic at all delicate points and halt to plying of heavy vehicles from 6 am to 9 pm in the town.
The length of the bypass road to be constructed is 11 km, of which 5 km of which the IDCO would construct and the Works Department the remaining 6 km.
For the 6 km to be constructed by the Works Department, a proposal of R 23 crore has been submitted. The bypass road would pass through Madhiapali to Sadeipali to backside of Sashtri Nagar, said PWD Executive Engineer, Balangir, Ashok Padhee.Besides this, there is also a proposal for construction of a bypass road by the National Highway Authority of India.
In a related development, members of the Bharatiya Yuva Morcha led by Ananta Das staged a demonstration before the district Collectorate and burnt an effigy of local BJD MLA AU Singh Deo demanding early construction of the bypass road.
Meanwhile, the boycott of the process of elections to urban local bodies continued here along with the agitation for setting up of a permanent Bench of the Odisha High Court at Balangir for the third consecutive day.
Members of the Citizens’ Committee led by its president Nilamani Mishra and others including president of Balangir District Bar Association Binayak Mishra and members of Balangir Chamber of Commerce staged a dharna before the municipality office demanding setting up of a High Court Bench at Balangir.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Mulayam and his son insulting dalit icon: Mayawati 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Peace prevails on Ajodhya’s 24th demolition anniversary 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati frustrated over domonetisation says Maurya 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati warns against BJP’s political agenda 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP to face yet another scuffle within the party 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Setback for SAD, 4 leaders join Cong 07 Dec 2016 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Odisha mourns Jayalalithaa’s demise 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP holds stir against stole removal from women 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Odisha Govt likely to raise MLAs’ salary 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- SAD welcomes over three dozen Cong families into party fold 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
Nitish Kumar should ask Lalu Prasad about the funding behind construction of Rabri Bhawan in Delhi at a cost of Rs 100 crore.
Daughters are the best gift. My daughter is the most beautiful in the world. Every daughter is. Love her, give her respect.
Jayalalithaa was a leader dearly loved by her people. I express my condolences to her loved ones and to people of Tamil Nadu.