- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
HC Bench, bypass road stirs at Balangir
Members of Balangir Action Committee led by its president Gopalji Panigrahi on Friday staged a dharna here demanding construction of a bypass road in the town; adequate compensation to the family of deceased Central School student, who died in a road accident on Thursday; regulation of traffic at all delicate points and halt to plying of heavy vehicles from 6 am to 9 pm in the town.
The length of the bypass road to be constructed is 11 km, of which 5 km of which the IDCO would construct and the Works Department the remaining 6 km.
For the 6 km to be constructed by the Works Department, a proposal of R 23 crore has been submitted. The bypass road would pass through Madhiapali to Sadeipali to backside of Sashtri Nagar, said PWD Executive Engineer, Balangir, Ashok Padhee.Besides this, there is also a proposal for construction of a bypass road by the National Highway Authority of India.
In a related development, members of the Bharatiya Yuva Morcha led by Ananta Das staged a demonstration before the district Collectorate and burnt an effigy of local BJD MLA AU Singh Deo demanding early construction of the bypass road.
Meanwhile, the boycott of the process of elections to urban local bodies continued here along with the agitation for setting up of a permanent Bench of the Odisha High Court at Balangir for the third consecutive day.
Members of the Citizens’ Committee led by its president Nilamani Mishra and others including president of Balangir District Bar Association Binayak Mishra and members of Balangir Chamber of Commerce staged a dharna before the municipality office demanding setting up of a High Court Bench at Balangir.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Haryana Budget session from Monday likely to be stormy 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal Cabinet approves draft Governor address 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cold conditions persist in the region 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- INLD trying to manufacture a revival in Haryana 26 Feb 2017 | IANS | in Chandigarh
- Jats to hold ‘Black Day’ in Haryana today 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana annouces Rs 50 lakh for martyr's family 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal CM opens International Shivratri fair 26 Feb 2017 | Kishori Lal | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt to finalise excise policy soon 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- PM remark has scared BJD: Dharmendra 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- House stalled over Modi’s ‘Odsha poor’ remark 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
My visit to Rwanda and Uganda was a conscious effort by the Indian Government to intensify interactions with Africa.
Media and social media have done best for small films... Creating buzz about the film without (we) having to invest.
We will hunt down and destroy the Islamic State at its source so that it can no longer threaten our nation or our families.