- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
HC Bench, bypass road stirs at Balangir
Members of Balangir Action Committee led by its president Gopalji Panigrahi on Friday staged a dharna here demanding construction of a bypass road in the town; adequate compensation to the family of deceased Central School student, who died in a road accident on Thursday; regulation of traffic at all delicate points and halt to plying of heavy vehicles from 6 am to 9 pm in the town.
The length of the bypass road to be constructed is 11 km, of which 5 km of which the IDCO would construct and the Works Department the remaining 6 km.
For the 6 km to be constructed by the Works Department, a proposal of R 23 crore has been submitted. The bypass road would pass through Madhiapali to Sadeipali to backside of Sashtri Nagar, said PWD Executive Engineer, Balangir, Ashok Padhee.Besides this, there is also a proposal for construction of a bypass road by the National Highway Authority of India.
In a related development, members of the Bharatiya Yuva Morcha led by Ananta Das staged a demonstration before the district Collectorate and burnt an effigy of local BJD MLA AU Singh Deo demanding early construction of the bypass road.
Meanwhile, the boycott of the process of elections to urban local bodies continued here along with the agitation for setting up of a permanent Bench of the Odisha High Court at Balangir for the third consecutive day.
Members of the Citizens’ Committee led by its president Nilamani Mishra and others including president of Balangir District Bar Association Binayak Mishra and members of Balangir Chamber of Commerce staged a dharna before the municipality office demanding setting up of a High Court Bench at Balangir.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- BJP-BJD face-off over refinery hots up 06 Feb 2016 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- 5 major city parks to get open air gyms 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State for early announcement of NINIE 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Denizens join hands with BMC, clean city 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State’s support has made refinery possible: BJD 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘BJD Government’s incentive withdrawal delayed refinery’ 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mahapatra chief dir of movie on Paika Vidroh 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Indian origin Canada national detained 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NSD to bring Bharat Rang Mahotsav to city 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Seashore dir Prabhat’s bail plea rejected 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
31 Jan 2016 | Gautam Chintamani
The Indians are coming! From Kunal Nayyar to Priyanka Chopra to Aziz Ansari, Gautam Chintamani explains how the golden age of Indian or even Asian portrayal on American television may have irrevocably arrived In an episode of the television show Master of None titled ‘Indians on TV’, Aziz Ansari, the well-known American actor and comedian, who also happens to be the creator of the show, succinctly summed up the state of....
The previous Governor had refused sanction for my prosecution. It was illegal on CBI's part to seek sanctions once again.
I get news about him (injured Formula One legend Michael Schumacher) constantly, and unfortunately it's not good.
When Syrian refugees seek sanctuary, it's the faithful from synagogues, mosques, temples and churches who welcome them.