- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
HC Bench, bypass road stirs at Balangir
Members of Balangir Action Committee led by its president Gopalji Panigrahi on Friday staged a dharna here demanding construction of a bypass road in the town; adequate compensation to the family of deceased Central School student, who died in a road accident on Thursday; regulation of traffic at all delicate points and halt to plying of heavy vehicles from 6 am to 9 pm in the town.
The length of the bypass road to be constructed is 11 km, of which 5 km of which the IDCO would construct and the Works Department the remaining 6 km.
For the 6 km to be constructed by the Works Department, a proposal of R 23 crore has been submitted. The bypass road would pass through Madhiapali to Sadeipali to backside of Sashtri Nagar, said PWD Executive Engineer, Balangir, Ashok Padhee.Besides this, there is also a proposal for construction of a bypass road by the National Highway Authority of India.
In a related development, members of the Bharatiya Yuva Morcha led by Ananta Das staged a demonstration before the district Collectorate and burnt an effigy of local BJD MLA AU Singh Deo demanding early construction of the bypass road.
Meanwhile, the boycott of the process of elections to urban local bodies continued here along with the agitation for setting up of a permanent Bench of the Odisha High Court at Balangir for the third consecutive day.
Members of the Citizens’ Committee led by its president Nilamani Mishra and others including president of Balangir District Bar Association Binayak Mishra and members of Balangir Chamber of Commerce staged a dharna before the municipality office demanding setting up of a High Court Bench at Balangir.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CBI grills villagers in Pherupur rape case 29 Jul 2016 | Radhika Nagrath | in Dehradun
- Tribute to the ‘birdman of India’ 29 Jul 2016 | Jaskiran Chopra | in Dehradun
- AAP to provide tickets to only aam aadmi 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- All link roads in Punjab to get a facelift: Sukhbir 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- CM convenes all party meeting tomorrow 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Delhi CM’s remarks on PM undignified, says Badal 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana to set up de-addiction centres in jails 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Rape survivor protests against Govt's apathy 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- ‘Badal acquired land for SYL construction 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- AAI faces HC wrath over delay in Internat’l Airport 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
If we were to think India-Australia relations can only be done at Government levels, we will be missing major opportunities.
There is excitement for the film (Munna Bhai-3). I do my job, I don't take stress. The more stress you take the more worse you get.
America is already great. It is already strong. And I promise you, our strength, our greatness does not depend on Donald Trump.