- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
HC Bench, bypass road stirs at Balangir
Members of Balangir Action Committee led by its president Gopalji Panigrahi on Friday staged a dharna here demanding construction of a bypass road in the town; adequate compensation to the family of deceased Central School student, who died in a road accident on Thursday; regulation of traffic at all delicate points and halt to plying of heavy vehicles from 6 am to 9 pm in the town.
The length of the bypass road to be constructed is 11 km, of which 5 km of which the IDCO would construct and the Works Department the remaining 6 km.
For the 6 km to be constructed by the Works Department, a proposal of R 23 crore has been submitted. The bypass road would pass through Madhiapali to Sadeipali to backside of Sashtri Nagar, said PWD Executive Engineer, Balangir, Ashok Padhee.Besides this, there is also a proposal for construction of a bypass road by the National Highway Authority of India.
In a related development, members of the Bharatiya Yuva Morcha led by Ananta Das staged a demonstration before the district Collectorate and burnt an effigy of local BJD MLA AU Singh Deo demanding early construction of the bypass road.
Meanwhile, the boycott of the process of elections to urban local bodies continued here along with the agitation for setting up of a permanent Bench of the Odisha High Court at Balangir for the third consecutive day.
Members of the Citizens’ Committee led by its president Nilamani Mishra and others including president of Balangir District Bar Association Binayak Mishra and members of Balangir Chamber of Commerce staged a dharna before the municipality office demanding setting up of a High Court Bench at Balangir.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Akhilesh becomes stronger than earlier despite Family feud 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Prajapati may be reinducted in cabinet 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh praises for Media 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Focus on prevention of terror attacks says Maya 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mishra concerned over decline in Brahmin MPs in Lok Sabha 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rahul to start Kisan yatra’s second leg from Sitapur on Monday 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Cameras on highways to catch speeding motorists 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong plans visiting every house against BJD, BJP 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Weeklyroundups 26 Sep 2016 | BAIDYANATH MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- AAP claims to emerge alternative in Odisha 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
The Uri attack could be a reaction to atrocities in Kashmir. Relatives of those killed and blinded were hurt and outraged.
I think as you get older, you really get to the point where you just don't care anymore what people think.
We have long urged India and Pakistan to find ways to resolve their differences, not through violence, but through diplomacy. White House