- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
HC Bench, bypass road stirs at Balangir
Members of Balangir Action Committee led by its president Gopalji Panigrahi on Friday staged a dharna here demanding construction of a bypass road in the town; adequate compensation to the family of deceased Central School student, who died in a road accident on Thursday; regulation of traffic at all delicate points and halt to plying of heavy vehicles from 6 am to 9 pm in the town.
The length of the bypass road to be constructed is 11 km, of which 5 km of which the IDCO would construct and the Works Department the remaining 6 km.
For the 6 km to be constructed by the Works Department, a proposal of R 23 crore has been submitted. The bypass road would pass through Madhiapali to Sadeipali to backside of Sashtri Nagar, said PWD Executive Engineer, Balangir, Ashok Padhee.Besides this, there is also a proposal for construction of a bypass road by the National Highway Authority of India.
In a related development, members of the Bharatiya Yuva Morcha led by Ananta Das staged a demonstration before the district Collectorate and burnt an effigy of local BJD MLA AU Singh Deo demanding early construction of the bypass road.
Meanwhile, the boycott of the process of elections to urban local bodies continued here along with the agitation for setting up of a permanent Bench of the Odisha High Court at Balangir for the third consecutive day.
Members of the Citizens’ Committee led by its president Nilamani Mishra and others including president of Balangir District Bar Association Binayak Mishra and members of Balangir Chamber of Commerce staged a dharna before the municipality office demanding setting up of a High Court Bench at Balangir.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Will contest against Akhilesh if he doesn’t listen says Mulayam 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- EC issues notifications for first phase of UP Polls 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP legislature, Congress, BSP leaders joins BJP 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BSP expels Sahibabad MLA Amarpal Sharma for anti-party activites 17 Jan 2017 | pns | in Lucknow
- SP,BSP wants votes and BJP wants people welfare: Maurya to Dalit community 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJD peps up SHGs for votes in rural polls 17 Jan 2017 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- No report that jumbo population has decreased 17 Jan 2017 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
- Wary of image, BJD, BJP fight over raids 17 Jan 2017 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- UN Behera takes over as OERC chief 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- New poll schedule in M’giri after Jan 22 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
I will live for Muslims and die for them. If it comes to Muslims' interest, I will also fight against him (Akhilesh Yadav).
In a relationship when people are attracted to each other, things do happen. But it does not mean it's rape.
I think she (German Chancellor) made one very catastrophic mistake, and that was taking in illegals, wherever they come from.