Heavy rains in S Odisha till tomorrow
Heavy rainfall would lash the coastal and southern parts of the State till July 18 under the influence of a low pressure over north-west Bay of Bengal, forecast the Regional Office of Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) here on Sunday.
The low pressure over the Bay of Bengal would intensify further in the next 24 hours, said the IMD. Heavy rainfall is likely to occur in Rayagada, Gajapati, Ganjam, Nuapada, Malkangiri and Nabarangpur districts.
The weather office also issued warning for fishermen asking them not to venture into sea. Meanwhile, Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) Bishnupada Sethi on Sunday asked the district Collectors to remain alert in view the heavy rains forecast issued by the weather office for the next three days.
- Min reviews outcome of cooperative workshop 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Challenges await new police chief 22 Jul 2017 | MANOJ KUMAR | in Dehradun
- Now, Mahant Indiresh hospital can conduct swine flu test 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Patients face problem due to lack of radiologists 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Meeting for Independence Day preparations held 22 Jul 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- N America C‚Äôgarh Association membership growing rapidly 22 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Police nab four extremists 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Hospital train to provide medical services in Daltonganj 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Admin orders raids against shops to check sale of adulterated sweets 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CCL holds meeting of Rajbhasha Karyanvayan Samiti 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi