- Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav, files mercy petition with Pakistan Army chief: ISPR
- Indian IT not H-1B dependent, says Infosys CEO
- Opposition parties to meet over Presidential election
- Those who celebrated Pak's win should go and live there: Rizvi
- 3 LeT militants gunned down in Pulwama
- Pak to review 'lenient' visa policy for Chinese citizens
Hindu Jagaran Samiti seeks arrestees released soon
The Hindu Jagaran Samiti has submitted a memorandum to the Sub-Collector, Jeypore demanding immediate release of various Hindu organisations’ activists and mediaperson arrested following a video on hate speech went viral.
The Samiti argued that the persons were arrested on a false complaint lodged by some self-made leaders of the minority community alleging that Hindu activists delivered a hate speech against them.
Mentioning that Koraput is a secular district and there are chances of breaking of brotherhood for a few people belonging to the minority community, the Samiti requested the Sub-Collector to conduct a proper inquiry and maintain peace in the area.
The minority group had earlier lodged a memorandum to the Sub-Collector informing that the Bajrang Dal had conducted a Nagar Parikrama at Boriguma on June 11, where some activists made a hate speech against minority community people.
Following the incident, MLA Tara Prasad Bahinipati had appealed to the people to maintain peace and brotherhood and urged the administration to conduct an inquiry into the matter and punish the culprits. Police arrested five persons in connection with the matter. The Samiti has also wanted to know why the police were quiet in
the matter if there was any hate speech and arrested activists soon after a memorandum submitted by a few minority community persons.
- Bhopalites to witness Aradhna today 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Painting exhibition begins at Bharat Bhavan 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Use of bio-resources to be regulated soon 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Double murder case: Main accused held 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Will purchase all farm produce, assures CM 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- College students perform asanas on Yoga Day 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- World Yoga Day celebrated across institutions 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- President to visit Doon in July 22 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Muslim minors held for shouting pro-Pak slogans in Uttarakhand 22 Jun 2017 | PTI | in Dehradun
- Two woman Maoists gunned down in encounter with police 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur