Hindu Jagaran Samiti seeks arrestees released soon
The Hindu Jagaran Samiti has submitted a memorandum to the Sub-Collector, Jeypore demanding immediate release of various Hindu organisations’ activists and mediaperson arrested following a video on hate speech went viral.
The Samiti argued that the persons were arrested on a false complaint lodged by some self-made leaders of the minority community alleging that Hindu activists delivered a hate speech against them.
Mentioning that Koraput is a secular district and there are chances of breaking of brotherhood for a few people belonging to the minority community, the Samiti requested the Sub-Collector to conduct a proper inquiry and maintain peace in the area.
The minority group had earlier lodged a memorandum to the Sub-Collector informing that the Bajrang Dal had conducted a Nagar Parikrama at Boriguma on June 11, where some activists made a hate speech against minority community people.
Following the incident, MLA Tara Prasad Bahinipati had appealed to the people to maintain peace and brotherhood and urged the administration to conduct an inquiry into the matter and punish the culprits. Police arrested five persons in connection with the matter. The Samiti has also wanted to know why the police were quiet in
the matter if there was any hate speech and arrested activists soon after a memorandum submitted by a few minority community persons.
- Crorepati bank assistant in Vig net 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Six-month old elephant calf dies in pond 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CSIR-IIP marks 59th Foundation Day 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Lok Adalat settles 356 cases in B‚Äôpur 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 1902 jail to turn into museum 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Pedestrians pose hindrance to traffic here 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Rourkela tagged under UDAN scheme 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Paramour behind murder of Neha Yadav 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Handloom saree drive in city a big draw 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- IISWC pen-down, tool down strike continues 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun