Hindu Jagaran Samiti seeks arrestees released soon
The Hindu Jagaran Samiti has submitted a memorandum to the Sub-Collector, Jeypore demanding immediate release of various Hindu organisations’ activists and mediaperson arrested following a video on hate speech went viral.
The Samiti argued that the persons were arrested on a false complaint lodged by some self-made leaders of the minority community alleging that Hindu activists delivered a hate speech against them.
Mentioning that Koraput is a secular district and there are chances of breaking of brotherhood for a few people belonging to the minority community, the Samiti requested the Sub-Collector to conduct a proper inquiry and maintain peace in the area.
The minority group had earlier lodged a memorandum to the Sub-Collector informing that the Bajrang Dal had conducted a Nagar Parikrama at Boriguma on June 11, where some activists made a hate speech against minority community people.
Following the incident, MLA Tara Prasad Bahinipati had appealed to the people to maintain peace and brotherhood and urged the administration to conduct an inquiry into the matter and punish the culprits. Police arrested five persons in connection with the matter. The Samiti has also wanted to know why the police were quiet in
the matter if there was any hate speech and arrested activists soon after a memorandum submitted by a few minority community persons.
- State health dept to open small medical unit at office of State health directorate 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sachin Khokhar from dreaded Sunil Rathi gang shifted to Nainital jail 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLess defence products put factory staff in crisis‚Äô 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Report on Rashtrapati Bhavan trees presented to Pranab 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 2 persons blessed with vision from the eyes donated by Shantikunj resident 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 4 members of inter-State swindling gang nabbed 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 4-day All India Doubles Badminton tourney begins 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doon DM reviews developmental schemes progress 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Dist health dept reports 4 new swine flu cases 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Vyapam accused commits suicide 27 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal