Intl meet on maritime trade from Mar 20 in city
In a first-of-its-kind confluence of the Indian Ocean Rim (IOR) countries in India, a three-day international conference on maritime trade and civilisational link would begin here from March 20. This was informed by Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan at a Press conference here on Saturday. Pradhan said the conference on ‘India and the Indian Ocean: Renewing the Maritime Trade and Civilisational Linkages’ would be organised by the Institute of Social and Cultural Studies (ISCS) along with the Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS). Twenty nations from the IOR region would attend the conference supported by eight important Ministries of the Central Government such as External Affairs, Petroleum and Natural Gas, Power, Shipping, Commerce and Industry, Culture, Tourism and Agriculture.
He said Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj would inaugurate the conference while Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar would attend as chief guest at the valedictory session. Other reputed members including National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval, Ambassador KV Bhagirath and the IORA Secretary General would attend the conference, he added. Conference Reception Committee Chairman Haraprasad Das informed that the event would have parallel sessions and serious deliberations on vital issues like trade linkages, migration and diaspora in the IOR, trade and investment, blue economy, promoting maritime cooperation, maritime safety and security in the IOR countries.
Pradhan said the reception committee would release a booklet on Odisha’s maritime trade history. The event would be marked by the release of a postal stamp on ‘Indian Ocean and Rajendra Chola I’ commemorating the occasion and the glorious maritime past, he added.
- Meeting for Independence Day preparations held 22 Jul 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- N America C‚Äôgarh Association membership growing rapidly 22 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Police nab four extremists 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Hospital train to provide medical services in Daltonganj 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Admin orders raids against shops to check sale of adulterated sweets 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CCL holds meeting of Rajbhasha Karyanvayan Samiti 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man rapes woman threatening to kill her son 22 Jul 2017 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- 10-yr Management Plan for Wolf Sanctuary on anvil in Latehar 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- NHAI introduces the long awaited services on NH 33 22 Jul 2017 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Sanction PDS shops to Sakhi Mandals: CS 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi