- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
Japanese Learning Centre at Utkal soon
The State Government has approved a proposal to set up a Japanese Language Learning Centre at the Utkal University here.
The Japan Government would provide all assistance for establishing the language centre at the State’s premier educational institution. Governor SC Jamir, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and Utkal University Vice-Chancellor Prof Soumendra Mohan Patnaik have given their consent to the project.
Sources said that both degree and diploma courses in Japanese language would be introduced in the coming academic session after taking initiative within three months.
The Japanese Language Learning Centre would function as a prime hub in the eastern zone of the country, said Japan Ambassador to India Kenji Hiramatsu, who visited the university on Friday.
Besides, there are also plans to make agreements with various universities and educational institutions in Odisha for exchange of education between India and Japan, Hiramastu said.
Currently, a Japanese Language Centre is functional as a pilot project comprising two faculties and 13 students at the Utkal University. Under the project, three students have cleared the examination last year.
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 3 killed, 2 injured in road mishap 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 900 villages get wi-fi: IT Dept 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 arrested in gangrape case 23 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Woman who accused cop of destroying her married life commits suicide 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Need to continuously adapt to evolving technology: Aman 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Veteran leader Bagun Sumbrui passes away 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM for easy loans to marginalised sections 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi