Mines closure: Workers hold rally in S'garh
Hundreds of workers of the closed mines like Essel Mining Industries Ltd, Koira, Odisha Manganese Minerals Ltd, Patamunda, Corps Resources and National Enterprises came in a rally from Aryan field area to the DDM Koira office through the Koira main road on Friday.
The rally was organised under the banner of the BMIWU and led by its president former Bonei MLA Janardan Dehury. In a memorandum submitted to the DDM Koira, BMIWU claimed that the workers of these four mines recently closed have been deprived of their livelihoods. The memorandum also mentioned that following sudden closure of the mines, the workers although have become jobless, they have not been retrenched.
"As per the provision of the labour law, the workers still continue to be the employees of these mines and therefore, they should be paid their dues," the memorandum said.
The BMIWU gave an ultimatum of January 31, 2018 to the Government to sort out the problem, or else it would resort to a fast unto death agitation and also road blockade at Koira from February 2. On the other hand, CITU, which has a strong presence in the Koira mining sector, has also announced to launch a mass agitation soon, on the same issue.
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun