Most of agro industries closed in State
Most of the agro industries under the Cooperation Department have been out of operations for years and the State Government has no plan to set up any new cooperative firm.
This was revealed from the information provided to the State Assembly by Cooperation Minister Surjya Narayan Patro in response to a question of BJP MLA Dillip Ray.
The Minister said all the six spinning mills and 12 Handloom Cooperative Societies under the Textiles and the Handicrafts Department have been closed. They are Odisha Weavers Cooperative Spinning Mill at Tora in Bargarh district, Kalinga Weavers’ Cooperative Spinning Mill at Dhenkanal, Gopinath weavers’ Cooperative Spinning Mill in Baleswar, Sharala Weavers’ Cooperative Spinning Mill in Jagatsingpur, Jagannath Weavers’ Cooperative Spinning Mill at Athagrh and Utkal Weavers’ Coperative Spinning Mill at Khurdha. Besides, the Handloom Coperative Societies at Kendrapada, Baripada, Khorda, Brahmapur, Chhatia, Athagarh, Rahama, Bargarh, Dhenkanal, Sundargarh, Bhabanipatna and Cuttack are closed.
Out of total five sugar mills operating in the State, the Aska Cooperative Sugarl Mill and the Bargarh Cooperative Sugar Mill have incurred --Govt has no plan to establish new coop firms7.79 crore and Rs 3.65 crore respectively. Though different agencies have taken over the Bijayananda Coperative Sugar Mill, Balangir and the two other sugar mills at Nayagarh and Badamba, yet they are closed.
While a total of 18 cold storages are under the Cooperation Department, 13 of them have remained closed and the rest five are operating. Efforts are on to run two of the defunct on the PPP mode.
The Minister stated that the Government has no plan to establish any new cooperative firm in the State now.
- Three-day film festival on Kundan Shah from Oct 25 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Women of self-help groups earn Rs 200 per day making teddy bears 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 3 people killed in group clash 21 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Odisha-Jharkhand system changes day-night temp in MP 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police nab accused in flesh trade racket 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Daughters of widow and visually challenged get admission in school 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 23-yr old youth dies in mishap 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Bogus names in voters' lists across MP: Cong 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Youth kills himself after money dispute with father 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Furniture gutted in Peergate fire 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal