- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Most of agro industries closed in State
Most of the agro industries under the Cooperation Department have been out of operations for years and the State Government has no plan to set up any new cooperative firm.
This was revealed from the information provided to the State Assembly by Cooperation Minister Surjya Narayan Patro in response to a question of BJP MLA Dillip Ray.
The Minister said all the six spinning mills and 12 Handloom Cooperative Societies under the Textiles and the Handicrafts Department have been closed. They are Odisha Weavers Cooperative Spinning Mill at Tora in Bargarh district, Kalinga Weavers’ Cooperative Spinning Mill at Dhenkanal, Gopinath weavers’ Cooperative Spinning Mill in Baleswar, Sharala Weavers’ Cooperative Spinning Mill in Jagatsingpur, Jagannath Weavers’ Cooperative Spinning Mill at Athagrh and Utkal Weavers’ Coperative Spinning Mill at Khurdha. Besides, the Handloom Coperative Societies at Kendrapada, Baripada, Khorda, Brahmapur, Chhatia, Athagarh, Rahama, Bargarh, Dhenkanal, Sundargarh, Bhabanipatna and Cuttack are closed.
Out of total five sugar mills operating in the State, the Aska Cooperative Sugarl Mill and the Bargarh Cooperative Sugar Mill have incurred --Govt has no plan to establish new coop firms7.79 crore and Rs 3.65 crore respectively. Though different agencies have taken over the Bijayananda Coperative Sugar Mill, Balangir and the two other sugar mills at Nayagarh and Badamba, yet they are closed.
While a total of 18 cold storages are under the Cooperation Department, 13 of them have remained closed and the rest five are operating. Efforts are on to run two of the defunct on the PPP mode.
The Minister stated that the Government has no plan to establish any new cooperative firm in the State now.
- Previous Govts indulged in business of illegally acquiring lands: CM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal would emerge as natural farming state: Guv 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now it is mandatory to link PMAY beneficiary with geo-tagging 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be expanded: Khattar 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Tara given life imprisonment 18 Mar 2018 | PTI | in Bhopal
- Minister‚Äôs daughter-in-law commits suicide at Udaypura 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Interactive session with intellectuals, scribes held for Gwalior trade fair 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 2-day national level working model contest Nirmaan2k18 concludes 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Farmers forced to dump tomatoes, feed them to cattle for poor rates, says Ajay Singh 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal