- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
Nominations of all BJD candidates valid
Nomination papers of the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) candidates for the elections to the three Rajya Sabha seats from the State were found to be valid, said Returning Officer Rajesh Prabhakar Patil on Tuesday.
BJD leader Prashant Nanda, KIIT and KISS founder Achyuta Samanta and ‘Sambad’ editor Soumya Ranjan Patnaik had filed their nomination papers on March 9.
Meanwhile, nomination papers filed by independent candidate Subash Mohapatra were rejected during the scrutiny on the day.
Polling will be held between 9 am and 4 pm on March 23 while the votes will be counted at 5 pm on the same day.
Since the BJD has 118 MLAs in the 147-member State Assembly, the three party leaders are all set to be elected to the Upper House of the Parliament.
The elections are being held as three Rajya Sabha seats from the State will fall vacant after the completion of the tenures of BJD members AU Singh Deo and Dilip Tirkey and BJD-backed Independent member AV Swamy on April 2.
- Protest for shifting B‚Äôpur liquor shop held 18 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Police arrest three cyber criminals 18 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Hercule Poirot: Popular fictional detective play 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- City enjoys several classical forms of arts 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 18 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- New collection of fitness books launched at SVL 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Road clearing steps initiated: Overhead cables, electricity lines to be removed 18 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Sanskrit play staged by MP School of Drama 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Downpour breaks heat spell in capital 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM: Agri mandis in State integrated 18 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi